Associate Professor of Philosophy
Year Joined RCNJ: 2002
- Phone: (201) 684-7416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: B-209
- Office Hours: E-mail for Appointment
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., University of Connecticut
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- Philosophy of Beauty
- Philosophy and Women’s Studies
- Feminist ethics and the scholarship of teaching and learning
- “Thoughts on the Bioethics of Estranged Biological Kin.” Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy: Volume 28, Issue 1, 2013.
- “Reflections on Women Shopping and Women Sweatshopping: Consumerism as a Moral Dilemma” in Fashion and Philosophy, edited by Jeanette Kennett and Jessica Wolfendale, Oxford University Press, 2011.
- “That Many of Us Should Not Parent” Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy Volume 21, Number 4, 2006
- “Sharing Strategies for Success as a Feminist Philosopher” (co-author Sophia Wong) American Philosophical Association Newsletter on Feminism. Forthcoming in Volume 8, Number 2, 2009.
- “The Incorrigible Knitter Learns about Teaching” American Philosophical Association Newsletter on Feminism: Volume 8, Number 1, 2008.
- “Appealing to Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom: Using Stick Figures to Teach Philosophy.” Teaching Philosophy: Volume 30, Number 3, 2007
- “’Starving Children in Africa: Who Cares?” Journal of International Women’s Studies: Volume 7, Number 1, 2005.
- “Is Carmela Soprano a Feminist? Carmela’s Care Ethics” in The Sopranos and Philosophy: I Kill Therefore I Am. Edited by Richard Greene and William Irwin, Open Court Press, 2004.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.