FACT SHEET (FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR 2019 – 2020)
NETWORK-WIDE ECONOMIC IMPACT DELIVERABLES
The NJSBDC program, which is composed of 12 centers (statewide), provides management consulting, training, and other technical assistance to established small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs in all 21 counties. Impact of the program (Oct. 1, 2019-Sept. 30, 2020) is summarized below:
- Counseled 5,857 clients (one-on-one);
- Delivered 19,817 total counseling hours or on average 3.4 hours per case;
- 67% of all clients were established businesses (3,924);
- 337 clients of NJSBDC started a new business;
- Sponsored 578 training sessions statewide;
- 11,599 individuals/small business owners attended training seminars (on various business development/growth issues);
- Delivered 1,514 total training hours through training seminars;
- 25,584 Total Jobs supported (SBDC clients’ employees). SBDC’s assistance helps clients create and save thousands of jobs; since 2015, on average, more than 14,000 created & saved jobs (each calendar year) are generated by clients statewide;
- Facilitated $144,651,871 in total financing (loans & equity) for its clients;
- Clients generated more than $2.9 billion in sales revenues, generating millions of dollars in business tax revenues to the overall Treasury and an estimated $87 million (conservatively) in sales tax revenues to NJ.
Note: Data impact from core SBA grant & other grant activity.
NJ SBDC and Ramapo College of New Jersey logo
The New Jersey Small Business Development Center in Bergen County, which is hosted at Ramapo College, is led by Regional Director Vincent Vicari. Expert staff at the SBDC provide little to no cost services to small businesses, help small business owners and entrepreneurs to develop business plans, find financing, conduct accounting and financial analysis, identify new markets, initiate marketing strategies, find procurement and international trade opportunities, learn green sustainability practices, commercialize technology and develop an E-commerce presence.
The SBDC at Ramapo College can be reached at email@example.com. Businesses may sign up for counseling services at https://www.sbdcbergen.com/contact/
We are located at:
Ramapo College of New Jersey
Anisfield School of Business,
505 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah NJ 07430
Phone: (201) 684-7135
NOTE: All NJSBDC offices are currently closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. All services are being provided remotely to ensure everyone’s health and safety. Please continue to check back for updates on when the NJSBDC offices will resume in-person interaction. You may request online assistance by clicking here.