“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”– John Quincy Adams
We believe that leadership development is an integral part of the college experience for every student.
The Student Leadership Programs Committee supports students in their leadership development and provides opportunities for students to identify their leadership paths.
We believe that leadership is a purposeful and collaborative process that leads to social change.
All students have the capacity to demonstrate leadership and we invite you to explore your leadership potential!
Student Leadership Awards:
The Student Leadership Programs Committee is pleased to announcement about the opening of student applications and Faculty/Staff/Student nominations for the 2016-2017 Student Leadership Awards.
Student Application Deadline: Monday, March 6 2017 by 11:59pm
Save the Date: The Student Leadership Awards Reception will take place on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 4:15pm.
For more information about the annual Student Leadership Ceremony please visit our Student Leadership Award page.
Click Below for our updated Student Leadership Spotlight!
Leadership Spotlight Series Archives
Members of the Student Leadership Programs Committee 2017:
- Raj Adhikari, Director of International Student and Scholar Services
- Tracey Bender, Student Success Coordinator
- Kathleen Finnegan, Associate Director of Athletics
- Ebony Jackson, Coordinator for the Women’s Center
- Rachel Jaffe, Student Records Assistant
- Mel Lewis, Coordinator of Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Jack Nesmith, Coordinator for Civic Engagement and Student Leadership Programs
- Tanadjza Robinson McCray, Student Development Specialist
- Alexandra Simone, Social Media Strategist & Content Manager
- Nicole Videla, Assistant Director/ Career Advisor
- Frank Albergo, Student Leadership Programs Coordinator
- Michelle Forbes, BSU Leadership Team
- Erin Mckenna, President of Student Government Association
STUDENTS TODAY, LEADERS TOMORROW