Skip to main content

Virtual Tour

YouVisit Branding
Launch Virtual Tour
YouVisit Hover Branding

Translate This Page:

Google-Translate-English to Spanish Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Bulgarian Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA

Powered by Google Logo


Student Affairs, through its knowledgeable staff and inclusive programs and services, fosters the developmental, educational, and career goals of students in an environment that encourages healthy decision making, responsible citizenship, campus and community engagement, and life-long learning. Foundations of Excellence Student Affairs programs and services align with the College’s Strategic Plan and the Academic Plan. Responsiveness to external change is a necessity; agility is essential to excellence. Student engagement is essential to student learning and development. Excellence in student engagement and student learning is possible only through partnerships between students, faculty and staff Social, cultural, and intellectual diversity are essential to learning. Student Affairs adheres to the Diversity Action Committee’s definition of diversity as “”Human diversity includes, but is not limited to age, ethnicity, race, gender, religion, physical or mental abilities and disabilities, socio-economic status, viewpoint differences (e.g., political), sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.” Student Affairs strives for excellence in every endeavor.


Office Location

C-212; Office Number: (201) 684-7457; Fax: (201) 684-7963
Summer Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM

Dean of Students Drop-In Hours

Dean Van Der Wall has “Drop-In” Hours every Monday from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM during the academic semesters in the Student Affairs office, C-212 (right next to the Fishbowl) – no appointment required.

If you have a problem, question or concern and you’re not sure where to go, the Dean of Students office is a great place to start!


Student Affairs Office Staff

Van Der Wall, Melissa 2.10.15 02Melissa Van Der Wall

Dean of Students


Phone: (201) 684-7457

Payne, Ivy 1.28.14 42Ivy N. Payne

Student Affairs Coordinator


Phone: (201) 684-7457

Student Affairs Organizational Chart

Rick Brown
Director of Center for Student Involvement
Phone: (201) 684-7769
CSI Website

Linda Diaz
Director of Residence Life
Phone: (201) 684-7461
Residence Life Website

Judith L. Green
Director of Center for Health and Counseling Services
Phone: (201) 684-7522
CHCS Website

Kathleen Hallissey
Director of Office of Student Conduct
Phone: (201) 684-7869
Office of Student Conduct Website

David C. Nast
Director of Specialized Services
Specialized Services Website

Marie Attis-Springs
Prevention Education Coordinator
Phone: (201) 684-7430


Student Handbook

The Student Handbook was updated for the Spring 2017 semester, please click here for the handbook.

Dean's Certifications

If a student is transferring to another school and needs to have a Dean’s Certification form completed, please send forms to the Student Affairs Office C212, C/O Ivy Payne (505 Ramapo Valley Road, Mahwah, NJ 07430)