The Center for Reading and Writing (CRW) offers one-on-one consulting sessions in writing and reading to students on all academic levels, both virtually and in-person. We can help you in all stages of the writing process, from brainstorming to polishing final papers. If you need reading strategies for difficult texts, we are here to assist with those, too. We also offer a wide variety of workshops from study skills to MLA, APA, and Chicago documentation styles. CRW services are open to all Ramapo students.
The Center for Reading and Writing is open for the fall semester! Appointments for both in-person and remote sessions can be scheduled through Connect.
Our hours are Monday – Thursday: 10AM-8PM, Fridays: 10AM-4PM, and weekends by appointment.
THANKSGIVING CLOSING: The CRW will be closed form Nov. 21-26 for writing/reading sessions. We look forward to seeing you when we resume operations on Nov. 27. Happy Thanksgiving!
What Ramapo Students are Saying About the Center for Reading and Writing
- “It was really helpful, because now I know what areas to focus on to complete my essay effectively.”
- “I was very satisfied with the help I received. My consultant showed me how to improve my paper and reading through it really helped.”
- “Everything about this session was positive and effective. I now have a better understanding on where to start with my research paper.”
- “I learned how to replace paragraphs in my essay, and help improve my thesis.”
- “I got a good perspective on my topic, and I also learned more about the Chicago style of writing.”
- “Going to the Reading and Writing Center helps give me more ideas and strategies to work with my paper.”
- “This is a great place to release the frustration when in doubt about writing.”
- “I know what changes I have to make, and how to make them.”