Center for Student Involvement:
The CSI main office is open in general Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:15pm during the summer months with exceptions the weeks of 6/14 and 7/5.
Students/visitors may come to the CSI main door to purchase Coach bus tickets, stamps, obtain Safer Sex supplies/menstrual products (for students), and/or ask questions.
Please adhere to signage and the physical office setup to help support your safety and the safety of staff.
To set up a meeting (virtual or in-person, in keeping with Covid-19 guidelines) with any of the professional staff, please email them at their contact information listed below.
As innovative educators guided by the mission of Ramapo College, we provide co-curricular programs, activities and services to promote student learning and success. We support the development of students as globally conscious citizens and active partners in our communities. Through these efforts we foster inclusive environments where students can explore their identities and celebrate diversity. By challenging and supporting individuals, clubs, and organizations, we empower students to live and lead with integrity.
What we do:
- Develop and promote co-curricular programs; coordinate weekend activities and services
- Provide structural, networking and financial support for approved clubs and organizations
- Advise the College Programming Board
- Supervise operations and employees of:
- Civic and Community Engagement Center: Community service programs, American Democracy Project, alternative Spring break trips
- CSI Design: Media design team for CSI and student club events and initiatives. Designs may be requested HERE (Ramapo log-in required)
- CSI main office: Front desk staff and building managers
- Commuter Affairs
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Greek system and events
- J. Lee’s: Lounge and game room with pool table, table tennis, Wii and Xbox 360 systems, free popcorn and events
- Roadrunner Central: Tickets for off campus events, local movie theaters and off campus shuttle
- Student Activities Revenue Management (SARM): club financial center
- Women’s Center: Academic and activist focused programs related to gender, sexuality, and social justice; confidential peer listening and LGBTQ support group
- Office of Violence Prevention: Promotes awareness to the realities of dating violence, sexual assault, stalking and other forms of interpersonal violence
- Sponsor the Platinum Series: Co-curricular programs developed with faculty members designed to encouraged active interest in the arts and other areas of academic and creative thought
- Ensure compliance with state and college policies
Student activities are housed within the Center for Student Involvement (CSI), which falls under the Division of Student Affairs. We are committed to maintaining a vibrant campus community, meeting college-wide goals, addressing the social and intellectual needs of the student body, and complementing the Ramapo College mission.
CSI and over 100 clubs and organizations provide events and other programming around social, cultural, academic, community service, fraternal, political, and recreational interests. Organizations are student-run and welcome new members and ideas. Whether you choose to indulge your hobby or interest, complement your academic major, or share your cultural pride with the campus, there are a variety of choices open to you.
Services and Facilities
Operating hours and general information for Dining Services, the Bookstore, the Shuttle, locker rentals, and banking services.
TD Bank maintains a full service ATM on the first floor of the Student Center. It dispenses money in five dollar denominations. TD Bank is a short distance from the College.
Interstate Shopping Center, Route 17 South, Ramsey – (201) 934-1267
Mon – Wed: Lobby – 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Drive Through – 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Thurs – Fri: Lobby – 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., Drive Through – 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sat. – 8:30 am – 3 p.m., Drive Through – 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sun. – Lobby – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Drive Through – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
NOTE: Because Branch hours may vary by season, please check with the Branch to confirm their hours.
Students may come to the Student Center Office to rent small or medium lockers for use during the academic semesters. The lockers are located in the second floor stairwell area, between A and B buildings. The rental fee is $7.00 for a medium locker and $5.00 for a small. A key is issued with payment and must be returned at the end of the semester.
Location: Departs from in front of the Bradley Center
Phone (information): (201) 684-6555
The seven-day shuttle travels daily from the The Bradley Center to the train station, post office, local shopping centers, and area malls.
Conference and Meeting Rooms
Alumni Lounge(s) – Individual carpeted lounges ideal for small formal gatherings, dinners, presentations or meetings (50-75 people – depending on set up). The entire lounge is ideal for formal dinners or presentations (150-200 people).
Conference Room – There is one conference room (SC-217) available for group meetings (15-20 people).
Friends Hall (SC-219) – Large tiled multipurpose room. Ideal for movies, lectures or presentations for large audiences (max. 350 people lecture style, 200 banquet style). Also ideal for larger social events requiring special lighting, projection or use of staging.
Rental Information -All the above spaces may be reserved through the Office of Events and Conferences in D-211.
Location: Student Center Annex, SC-224
J.Lee’s is a student activities lounge on the second floor of the Student Center Annex. It is equipped with wide screen televisions, audio video equipment and comfortable furniture. Services include a variety of magazines, free popcorn, a water cooler, board games, pool, ping pong, and air hockey. Clubs and organizations are encouraged to sponsor events in J.Lee’s. Information about scheduling J.Lee’s for a program can be obtained from the J.Lee’s attendant.
Location: Student Center 2nd Floor Lobby
Roadrunner Central is a full service activities/events “store.” Students may purchase shortline bus tickets, postage stamps, purchase AMC discount movie vouchers, obtain discount coupons for Broadway theater productions and sign up for certain ticketed campus events.