The Ramapo Residence Life program is based on a philosophy that residence hall living provides opportunities for students to gain a variety of experiences that supplement and complement formal classroom learning. We make every effort to promote academic achievement through our programs, to encourage students to develop interdependence, maturity, as well as responsible decision-making and life skills. The key to having a great experience is to get involved in your community.
Residence Life Online Housing Portal
First Year and Transfer Student Information Page
Residence Life Update (COVID-19)
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
Covid-19 Testing Frequently Asked Questions
With the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Residence Life is modifying its delivery of services.
For all of our students, we endeavor to meet your needs while keeping health and safety a priority.
Programming and Specific Events:
- Events: Please be on the lookout for communication from hall/area staff for updates on programming that you can participate in during the semester.
Resident Health and Safety:
- College policies: All College policies must be adhered to at this time. Policy violations will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
- Guest policy: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the guest policy including overnight guests will be suspended until further notice. Outside guests (including commuters, non-students, family members, etc.) will not be permitted to enter residence halls/apartments. Residents are also prohibited from visiting each other’s living units or entering a residence hall/apartment in which they do not live.
- Effective Fall 2021, residents may visit with other residents in all residential locations of campus including overnight stays. Commuter students who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may visit residential areas without restrictions including overnight stays. Vaccinated visitors who are not RCNJ students may visit daily from 10:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. but are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Package pick-up: Students that receive packages will be sent an email once the package has been logged into the Residence Life mailroom. Upon receipt of notification that a package has arrived at the RL mailroom, students should email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to pick-up the package.
- Repair requests: Should you need to submit a work order, please email your hall office. A staff member will submit the work order for you. Students will be required to wear a face-covering anytime a Ramapo College staff member enters their living unit or when a student answers their front door.
Communicating with Staff:
- Suitemate mediations: Please email your area office for assistance with mediations.
- Speaking to your Resident Assistant: Please reach out to your hall account if you have a matter that you would like to speak to a staff member about.
- Speaking to professional staff: Should you wish to meet with your professional staff, please email them to schedule a phone, video, or in-person meeting.