Unofficial Transcript Requests
Copies of unofficial transcripts will be available the next business day after the request has been made. Requests must be in writing, include the S.I.D.- Student Identification Number, and bear the student’s signature. Photo identification (student I.D. card) is required before a transcript may be released to a student.
- Unofficial Transcript Request Form Write-able (PDF)
Current students may view their unofficial Ramapo transcript on the Web.
Paper Copy of Official Transcript (No Fee)
To request an official transcript, the student must fill out an Official Transcript Request Form, which may be obtained from the Registrar’s Office, by mail, fax or on-line. Usually official transcripts are mailed to another institution, place of employment or certifying board. A maximum of five official transcripts will be permitted per request. Typically, official transcripts are processed in 3-5 business days (during peak period it may be longer).
There is no charge for official or unofficial transcripts. You may print and complete the Official Transcript Request Form (link below) email, mail or fax it to the Registrar’s office. Fax: 201-684-7956.
Please note: If you don’t have an “R” number, please use the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- Official Transcript Request Form Write-able (PDF)
Electronic Transcripts (E-Transcripts-Fee)
Ramapo College is excited to launch our new partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse to assist with the generation process for Official Transcript requests. This partnership allows us to offer electronic transcript processing.
The National Student Clearinghouse will notify you at each step in the process.
- Official Transcript Fee: $4.00 per transcript request
- Transcripts BEFORE Fall 1988:You will not be able to order transcripts electronically if you attended as of Fall 1988 or prior. You can request these transcripts via mail. Please complete the transcript request form found here: Paper based Transcript Request Form
- Electronic Transcripts (via email): The email link to download is available for 30 days.
- Holds: Holds must be cleared before transcripts can be processed. Please be sure to clear your hold prior to requesting a transcript.
Processing Your Order:
- Processing Time: Orders are typically processed within 1-3 business days,.
- Editing Addresses: Once an order has been placed, you will not be allowed to change the recipient’s email address. You must place a new order with the correct address.
- Cancelling Order: Due to our automated ordering process, once an order is received it cannot be cancelled.
Always check your free unofficial transcripts and verify final grades, GPA, and degrees posted, before requesting official transcripts.