Virtual Services Update for Academic Advisement (COVID-19)
Following the guidelines for social distancing to curb the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Center for Student Success has modified its delivery of services to continue to help students. For first-year students with advisement holds, appointments with Student Success Advisors can be set up online using Connect. You may continue to schedule meetings with your Student Success Advisor, but know that all meetings will take place via Google Meet or phone conference. At the present time, Student Success Advisors are not available for walk-in appointments, but we launched a new chat feature on our website that will be available during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm). If you are a new transfer student or sixth semester (Junior) continuing student with an advisement hold, please email your faculty advisor (contact info found in your Connect Success Network) for info on how to meet with them for remote advisement.
The Center for Student’s Success’ Advisement Team is still committed to helping you develop your academic potential. Let’s work together to #flattenthecurve. Should you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com.
- Advisement Appointments: All advisement appointments can be set up online using Connect. You can find your advisor’s contact info there as well. You may continue to schedule meetings with your advisor, but know that all meetings will take place via Google Meet or phone conference.
- Walk-In Meetings:At the present time, advisors are not available for walk-in appointments, but we launched a new chat feature that will be available during business hours on the Student Success website (Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm).
Faculty Advisement: Please email your faculty advisor (contact info found in your Connect Success Network) for info on how to meet with them for remote advisement. If your your faculty advisor is unavailable, please email the School Secretary to find another faculty member in your respective school who can advise you:
ASB: Dean Edward Petkus; firstname.lastname@example.org
School Secretary: Deirdre Lynch; email@example.com; (201)684-7379
CA: Dean Peter Campbell; firstname.lastname@example.org
School Secretary: Irene Grskovic: email@example.com;(201)684-7365
HGS: Dean Susan Hangen, firstname.lastname@example.org
School Secretary: Bill Russo (email@example.com); (201)684-7407
SSHS: Dean Aaron Lorenz, firstname.lastname@example.org
School Secretary: Nancy Bernet, email@example.com; (201)684-7051
TAS: Dean Edward Saiff, firstname.lastname@example.org
School Secretary:Ginny Bonnett, email@example.com; (201)684-7625
Many of our advising resources can be accessed online now. Please go to www.ramapo.edu/myadvisor for information about advisement and helpful tutorials.
Advisement Holds for First-Year Students: If you are a first-year student who is still carrying an advisement hold even after meeting with your advisor, email your Student Success advisor for assistance.
- Advisement Holds for New Transfer and Sixth Semester (Junior) Students: Your designated faculty advisor can lift your hold. If you have seen your faculty advisor, but the advisement hold is still on your account, please contact your School Secretary for assistance (see above for contact info).
- Immunization Holds: Students who have submitted partial documentation of the College’s required immunization requirements may be able to have their immunization hold temporarily lifted so they can register for classes. They will still be held to compliance with the remaining required immunization documentation after registration.Students who have not submitted any documentation of their immunization records will still have registration holds and will not be able to register for classes. For questions about the immunization hold, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Holds: Alcohol Edu, Judicial and Student Accounts holds will be temporarily suspended so that students can register for Fall 2020 classes. If you have questions about your obligations for these holds, please contact the respective staff below:
Alcohol Edu: Cory Rosencranz (email@example.com)
Judicial Holds: Ann Eke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Accounts hold: (email@example.com)
Services & Resources:
The Center for Student Success provides a comprehensive introduction to the academic and social environment of the Ramapo College community with a focus on the success and retention of all students. Center for Student Success provides a wide range of services including New Student Orientation (First Year Students/Transfers/Readmits/Adult Learners/Families), Academic Advisement, Retention Programs, and Family Day. Center for Student Success serves as the primary resource for Academic Advisement for all community members and works collaboratively with faculty and staff in offering optimal services to our students.
Staff Contact Information: