Skip to Center for Student Success site navigationSkip to main content

Off-Campus Study Request Form

This form is to be completed by any student wishing to take course(s) at another institution or wishing to complete the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) examination for college credit. Please review the following policies in regards to Off-Campus Study:

  • Once a student obtains 70 credits, they are no longer eligible to transfer credits from a 2-year institution or obtain credits through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
  • Once a student obtains 96 credits, they are no longer eligible to take any courses off campus. The last 32 credits towards a degree MUST be completed at Ramapo.
  • If the course is hosted at an international institution, the student must contact the Roukema Center for International Education.
  • The maximum credits a student can transfer in is: 65 from a 2-year institution and 80 from a 4-year institution.
  • The student must obtain a C or better in the course(s) for Ramapo to accept the credits.
  • Once the student completes the course(s), they must send an official transcript to the Ramapo Registrar office.

Please complete the following information and a representative from the Center for Student Success will process your request and contact you soon: