The Student Assistant Program supports the Ramapo College mission by being committed to helping students value the importance of their campus work and gain long-lasting benefits for future employment and attainment of their career goals.
- All available Student Assistant positions will be posted on Handshake. Use the keyword ‘RCNJ’ to search for available on-campus jobs.
- Priority for Student Assistant positions will be given to students who have been awarded Federal Work-Study as part of their financial aid package.
- Students should reach out to the Financial Aid office for questions about Federal Work-Study (email@example.com).
- Contact Patty Migliorisi (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding the Student Assistant Program.
All on-campus positions are posted online via Handshake. Student aide and federal work-study (funds awarded by Financial Aid) opportunities are available in 100 units across campus. Register on Handshake to be able to view open positions. Follow the applications instructions for each individual posting and contact the supervisor listed.
Funded by the college’s operating budget and based on institutional needs.
Federal Work-Study / Community Service
- Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally funded program. Students who are United States citizens or permanent resident aliens may apply and be awarded federal work-study that is based on financial need. FWS students may then earn up to the award specified by the Financial Aid Office in its award letter for the academic year.
- Community Service – Federal Work-Study recipients who can provide their own transportation are invited to explore off-campus placements at community service agencies. These positions (up to twenty hours weekly) can prove to be personally enriching while providing exposure to professional contacts that may be beneficial in furthering career goals.
- Federal Community Service Employer Forms (pdf)
Off-campus job opportunities at community service agencies can be arranged through the FWS/Community Service coordinator located in the Career Center, C-209. There is a financial incentive to compensate for the additional costs of transportation to off-campus locations.
National Student Employment Week
The Ramapo College administration, staff, and faculty thank all of our student workers for their outstanding contributions to the Ramapo College Community.
The National Student Employment Association has declared the second complete week in April each year to be set aside to honor student workers all over the United States. During this week these students are nationally recognized for their professionalism, initiative, and hard work.