Acceptance into all Majors of the Anisfield School of Business:
In general, students must achieve a 2.5 GPA or better at 48 credits in order to be officially admitted to any major in the Anisfield School of Business. However, students should carefully review the detailed admissions requirements in the 2.5 GPA Standard Appeals Procedures (PDF). For questions, see your faculty advisor or Kim McDonough in room ASB-227, email@example.com.
Please refer to the Academic Course Descriptions section of the online catalog for course descriptions.
Message from the Dean
“Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art.” – Andy Warhol
In the Anisfield School of Business, we are proud to offer a distinctive combination of an accredited business education and a strong grounding in the liberal arts. Our students receive solid professional preparation in their fields, and they understand the role that business plays in the wider socio-cultural context. ASB graduates enter the professional world as creative, enlightened thinkers, and their careers are characterized by a blend of business success and social responsibility.
- Accreditation! In January 2016 the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) extended the accreditation of the Anisfield School of Business through 2020.
- MBA: This fall we welcome our fifth class to our Accelerated MBA for Working Professionals; these students will earn their MBA degrees in just 20 months through an innovative curriculum that includes a trip to China to gain insight into emerging global markets, and provides students with real-world consulting experience with New York metro-area businesses.
- Career Pathways: Our dedicated Career Services Office provides all business students with career coaching services designed to prepare and assist students in finding co-ops, internship and full time employment opportunities.
- Project Management Certificate: This highly successful program provides working professionals, as well as our current students, with some of the most sought-after skills in today’s employment market.
- ENACTUS: Our student community service organization, ENACTUS, won their regional competition in spring 2016 and competed at the national level in St. Louis.
Please stay tuned for updates on the continued growth and evolution of the Anisfield School of Business. As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions and greatly appreciate your continued support.
Ed Petkus, Jr., Ph.D.
Dean of the Anisfield School of Business
The Anisfield School of Business of Ramapo College provides students with a strong educational foundation for a lifetime of learning and for career achievement as responsible contributors and leaders. A student’s intellectual development is of paramount importance and takes place within a supportive learning environment where engaged faculty bridge theory and practice.
We aspire to be broadly recognized within the Greater New Jersey/New York metropolitan area for our exemplary record of graduating career-ready professionals who can immediately add value to, and are actively sought after by, both for-profit and non-profit enterprises.
Consistent with the norms of Ramapo College, the learning environment of the Anisfield School of Business is based on core values that emphasize academic excellence, professionalism, and learning-by-doing. The school embraces diversity, integrity and continuous improvement as cornerstone principles of a truly effective learning environment.
Adopted by ASB Unit Council – November 20, 2013