“Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art.” – Andy Warhol
In the Anisfield School of Business, we are proud to offer a distinctive combination of an accredited business education and a strong grounding in the liberal arts. Our students receive solid professional preparation in their fields, and they understand the role that business plays in the wider socio-cultural context. ASB graduates enter the professional world as creative, enlightened thinkers, and their careers are characterized by a blend of business success and social responsibility.
- Accreditation! In January 2016 the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) extended the accreditation of the Anisfield School of Business through 2020.
- MBA: This fall we welcome our fifth class to our Accelerated MBA for Working Professionals; these students will earn their MBA degrees in just 20 months through an innovative curriculum that includes a trip to China to gain insight into emerging global markets, and provides students with real-world consulting experience with New York metro-area businesses.
- M.S. in Accounting
New M.S. in Accounting program has launched with strong enrollment and strong interest among current Accounting majors looking to remain at Ramapo for their Master’s degree
- Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME): ASB became a signatory on Principles of Responsible Management Education, a United Nations Global Compact initiative to promote ethics, social responsibility, and sustainability in business education, as manifest in curricular, extra-curricular, and faculty research activities
- Eastern Economics Association has returned to ASB, and it represents an interdisciplinary effort, with ASB Professor Alex Olbrecht as Executive Director and SSHS Professor Kristin Kenneavy serving as Conference Coordinator
- ENACTUS: Our student community service organization, ENACTUS, won their regional competition in spring 2016 and competed at the national level in St. Louis.
- Roadrunner Financial Group, our student investment club, is managing a $50,000 investment portfolio.
- In January 2017 ASB became the headquarters of the Bergen County Small Business Development Center, which provides consulting services for regional small businesses and serves as a resource for faculty and students.
Please stay tuned for updates on the continued growth and evolution of the Anisfield School of Business. As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions and greatly appreciate your continued support.
Ed Petkus, Jr., Ph.D.
Dean of the Anisfield School of Business