Professor of Political Science
Year Joined RCNJ: 2005
- B.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ph.D. University of Texas
- American Government
- Political Methodology
- Campaigns and Elections
- Political Behavior
- Military, Politics, and Society
- American government
- Voter Behavior
- Research Methods
- Elections and Electoral Behavior
- Political Participation
- Military veterans
- “Experimental Methods in Military and Veteran Studies.” 2014. In Soeters, J., Shields, P. M., and Rietjens, B. (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Research Methods in Military Studies. New York: Routledge.
- “Military Experience in Elections and Perceptions of Issue Competence: An Experimental Study with Television Ads,” 2013. Armed Forces & Society. 39(3): 415-433.
- “Conventional and Distinctive Policy Preferences of Early Twenty-First-Century Veterans.” 2012. In Ortiz, S. (ed.), Veterans’ Policy, Veterans’ Politics. Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida.
- “Barack Obama’s ‘American’ Problem: Unhyphenated Americans in the 2008 Elections,” (with Brian Arbour). 2011. Social Science Quarterly. 92(3): 563-587.
- “Orphan Counties and the Effect of Irrelevant Information on Turnout in Statewide Races,” (with Keena Lipsitz). 2010. Political Communication. 27(2): 178-198.
- “Probing the Reds and Blues: Sectionalism and Voter Location in the 2000 and 2004 U.S Presidential Elections,” (with Seth McKee). 2009. Political Geography. 28(8): 484-495
- “Conscription vs. Security?: Georgian Military Institution Building and NATO Enlargement, 1991-2008,” (with Julie George). 2008 European Security 17 (2 & 3): 339-366
- “Enduring Effects of the Uniform: Previous Military Experience and Voting Turnout.” 2006. Political Research Quarterly. 59(4): 601-607.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.