Step-By-Step Registration Process:
- Submit your application by August 28, 2023
- Receive your R-Number from a member of the Admissions team
- Activate your Ramapo College email address
- Register online: August 30th to September 5th, 2023
- Information on how to look up course descriptions of the available classes can be found here.
- Waive your parking fee if you are not planning to park on campus
- Pay your tuition bill by noon on September 6th, 2023
- Sign-up for your parking permit
- On your first day of class, stop by the Public Safety Office to get your Student ID card
Questions should be directed to Sanna Lemmetti at (201) 684-7232 or email email@example.com
Who is Permitted to Register for Courses?
- Au Pairs holding a current J-1 Visa.
- Participants who have completed all the requirements will be issued an R number (identification number) for access to register for classes and an email address.
What Does an Au Grade Mean?
- Audit grades (AU) are not eligible for credit or transfer within the United States.
- Participants are required to attend class, as per the attendance policy; participate in all in-class activities, complete homework and assignments. Test-taking is optional.
- Professors may give participants who have excessive absenteeism a W (Withdrawal) rather than AU. A W grade does not fulfill J-1 academic requirements.
What Classes are Offered to Au Pairs?
- Au Pair participants may take up to two courses per semester with a maximum of four classes within the same academic year.
- Participants may enroll in most 100 and 200 level undergraduate courses , listed on the available Au Pair Class List. The list of available classes will be posted on this site on the first day of registration.
- English and math classes have a placement test requirement that must be passed before registration. Ramapo College does not offer classes in English as a Second Language (ESL).
Placement Test Registration
Cost Information and Payment
What are the costs?
- $300.86 per audit course (AU grade), no credit
- $25 transcript fee (one-time fee)
- $40 placement test fee, if applicable
- Free Picture ID from Public Safety on first day of the class
- Textbooks and lab fees may be additional, depending on the course
When is payment due for courses?
- Payments are due by noon on September 6th, 2023
- Payments may be submitted electronically by credit card or check, or in person by check or cash immediately upon registration. (Methods of Payment)
- It is strongly recommended that you submit payment at the time of registration in order to avoid de-registration.
Are refunds available?
- Classes may only be switched during the registration period to other classes on the selected Au Pair course list. This opportunity ends on the last day of the Add/Drop period, 50% refund deadlines as posted do not apply for AuPair students, only 100% refunds are available if courses are dropped by the add/drop deadline.
- Refunds are only available as per the academic calendar on the Registrar’s website.
- If a participant registers for a class that is not on the selected Au Pair course list, billable charges are due by posted Student Accounts deadlines.
How Do I Get Started?
For on-campus registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Au Pair participants may only register for two classes and may take up to four per year.
Begins: August 30th, 2023
Ends: September 5th, 2023