Step-By-Step Registration Process:
- Submit your application by August 31st, 2022
- Submit your COVID vaccination record to email@example.com
- Receive your R-Number from a member of the Admissions team
- Activate your Ramapo College email address
- Register online: September 1st through September 6th, 2022
- Information on how to look up course descriptions of the available classes can be found here.
- Waive your parking fee if you are not planning to park on campus
- Pay your tuition bill by noon on September 7th, 2022
- Sign-up for your parking permit
- On your first day of class, stop by the Public Safety Office to get your Student ID card
Questions should be directed to Sanna Lemmetti at (201) 684-7232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Permitted to Register for Courses?
- Au Pairs holding a current J-1 Visa.
- Participants who have completed all the requirements will be issued an R number (identification number) for access to register for classes and an email address.
What Does an Au Grade Mean?
- Audit grades (AU) are not eligible for credit or transfer within the United States.
- Participants are required to attend class, as per the attendance policy; participate in all in-class activities, complete homework and assignments. Test-taking is optional.
- Professors may give participants who have excessive absenteeism a W (Withdrawal) rather than AU. A W grade does not fulfill J-1 academic requirements.
What Classes are Offered to Au Pairs?
- Au Pair participants may take up to two courses per semester with a maximum of four classes within the same academic year.
- Participants may enroll in most 100 and 200 level undergraduate courses , listed on the available Au Pair Class List. The list of available classes will be posted on this site on the first day of registration.
- English and math classes have a placement test requirement that must be passed before registration. Ramapo College does not offer classes in English as a Second Language (ESL).
Placement Test Registration
Cost Information and Payment
What are the costs?
- $289.29 per audit course (AU grade), no credit
- $25 transcript fee (one-time fee)
- $40 placement test fee, if applicable
- Free Picture ID from Public Safety on first day of the class
- Textbooks and lab fees may be additional, depending on the course
When is payment due for courses?
- Payments are due by noon on Sept. 7th, 2022
- Payments may be submitted electronically by credit card or check, or in person by check or cash immediately upon registration. (Methods of Payment)
- It is strongly recommended that you submit payment at the time of registration in order to avoid de-registration.
Are refunds available?
- Classes may only be switched during the registration period to other classes on the selected Au Pair course list. This opportunity ends on the last day of the Add/Drop period.
- Refunds are not available to participants and course seats cannot be transferred to another person or to future Au Pairs in the host family.
- If a participant registers for a class that is not on the selected Au Pair course list, the participant will be automatically dropped from it.
How Do I Get Started?
For on-campus registration, please email email@example.com
Au Pair participants may only register for two classes and may take up to four per year.
Begins: September 1st, 2022 (starting at 2pm)
Ends: September 6th, 2022 at 11pm
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Ramapo College will require the COVID-19 vaccine for our students. We believe we must be together, we must commit to being together, and we must take every precaution and leverage every opportunity available to us to safely return the gift of togetherness to our campus.
At Ramapo, we provide COVID-19 testing and contact tracing, social distancing and de-densification strategies, sanitization, face covering, and health screening strategies. We plan to continue all of these strategies and will strengthen them through the student vaccination requirement.
For additional information, please visit: Covid-19 Information