Skip to main content


Ramapo College Office of Admissions

McBride House
505 Ramapo Valley Road Mahwah, NJ 07430

p: (201) 684-7300
f: (201) 684-7964

Virtual Tour

Ramapo International Students in front of the Arch

Can I study part-time as an international student?

No, international students can not study part time. US immigration law requires that all international students on an F-1 visa must maintain full-time enrollment.

Are international students required to take the SAT or ACT?

Yes, international students are required to take the SAT or the ACT. The average new SAT total range is 1130-1330, average old SAT total range, critical reading and math only, is 1050-1250, and average ACT composite is 24-26.

What other standardized tests do international applicants need to take?

In addition to the SAT or ACT, an international student must also take either the TOEFL or IELTS test. Applicants should use the following guidelines for test results:

  • TOEFL Paper Based: 550
  • TOEFL Computer Based: 23
  • TOEFL Interned: 79
  • IELTS: 6.0

Are scholarships available for international students?

International students who plan on living on campus will automatically receive a $6,000 Out-of-State Housing Grant. In addition, Ramapo College offers merit-based scholarships ranging from $3,000-$18,000 based on a student’s high school grade point average and SAT or ACT score. The deadline to apply for merit-based scholarships is December 15th.

Can international students work on campus?

Yes, according to U.S law, on-campus employment is the only legal employment for international students.

If you have a specific question, please email