Who is Permitted to Register for Courses?
- Au Pairs who attended the mandatory information session.
- Participants who have completed all the requirements will be issued an R number (identification number) for access to register for classes and an email address.
What Does an Au Grade Mean?
- Audit grades (AU) are not eligible for credit or transfer within the United States.
- Participants are required to perform assignments but they are strongly encouraged to actively participate in the class. Test-taking is optional.
- Professors may give participants who have excessive absenteeism a W (Withdrawal) rather than AU. A W grade does not fullfill J-1 academic requirements.
What Classes are Offered to Au Pairs?
- Au Pair participants may take up to two courses per semester with a maximum of four classes within the same academic year.
- Participants may enroll in most 100 and 200 level undergraduate courses provided there are seats available in the course at the time of Au Pair registration. The list of available classes will be posted on this site on the first day of registration.
- English and math classes have a placement test requirement that must be passed before registration. Ramapo College does not offer classes in English as a Second Language (ESL).
Placement Test Registration
Cost Information and Payment
What are the costs?
- $276 per audit course (AU grade), no credit
- $213.76 parking fee for Fall/Spring is required if Au Pair drives to campus, Spring only $107 (www.ramapo.thepermitstore.com). If you are not parking on campus, please complete the Permit Waiver Form.
- $25 transcript fee (one-time fee)
- $40 placement test fee, if applicable
- Free Picture ID from Public Safety on first day of the class
- Textbooks and lab fees may be additional, depending on the course
When is payment due for courses?
- Payments are due September 11, 2019 at noon.
- Payments may be submitted electronically by credit card or check, or in person by check or cash immediately upon registration. (Methods of Payment)
- It is strongly recommended that you submit payment at the time of registration in order to avoid de-registration.
Are refunds available?
- Classes may only be switched during the registration period to other classes on the selected Au Pair course list. This opportunity ends on the last day of the Add/Drop period.
- Refunds are not available to participants and course seats cannot be transferred to another person or to future Au Pairs in the host family.
- If a participant registers for a class that is not on the selected Au Pair course list, the participant will be automatically dropped from it.
How Do I Get Started?
- Sign up for the Information Session on August 20, 2019 at 6 pm in the Trustees Pavilion
- The session prepares you for class registration by answering your questions. Meet other Au Pairs and get to know Ramapo.
- The session is mandatory if you are planning to take classes at Ramapo, but attending does not obligate you to enroll
- The Au Pair application has to be submitted no later than September 6, 2019 (Online Application)
- Receive you R-number by email.
- Register online (Ramapo Self Service)
For on-campus registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Au Pair participants may only register for two classes and may take up to four per year.
Begins: September 9, 2019 (starting at 2 p.m.)
Ends: September 10, 2019 (ending at 11:30 p.m.)
Visit the Web for Students website for Registration instructions process.
- If you have a car and will be parking on campus, you must register for a parking permit at www.ramapo.thepermitstore.com. If you are not parking on campus, please complete the Permit Waiver Form.
- Visit the Office of Public Safety on your first day of classes to obtain your required photo ID.
Driving Directions Website
Questions should be directed to Sanna Lemmetti at (201) 684-7232 or email email@example.com