Au Pair Classes (PDF)
Who is Allowed to Register for Courses?
- Au Pairs who attended the mandatory information session.
- Participants who have completed all the requirements will be issued an R number (identification number) for access to register for classes and an email address.
What Does an Au Grade Mean?
- Audit grades (AU) are not eligible for credit or transfer within the United States.
- Participants are not required to perform assignments but they are strongly encouraged to actively participate in the class.
- Professors may give participants who have excessive absenteeism a W (Withdrawal) rather than AU. A W grade does not fullfil J-1 academic requirement.
What Classes are Offered to Au Pairs?
- Au Pair participants may take up to two courses per semester with a maximum of four classes within the same academic year.
- Participants may enroll in most 100 and 200 level undergraduate courses provided there are seats available in the course at the time of Au Pair registration.
- English and Math classes have a placement test requirement that must be passed before registration. Ramapo College does not offer classes in English as a Second Language (ESL).
Placement Test Registration
Cost Information and Payment
What are the costs?
- $25 application fee
- $264 per audit course (AU grade), no credit
- $213.76 parking fee Fall /Spring is require if Au Pair drives to campus, Spring only $107 (www.ramapo.thepermitstore.com). If you are not parking on campus, please complete the Permit Waiver Form.
- $25 transcript fee (one time fee)
- $40 placement test fee, if applicable
- Free Picture ID from Security on first day of the class
- Textbooks and lab fees may be additional, depending on the course
When is payment due for courses?
- Payments are due January 23, 2018 at noon.
- Payments may be submitted electronically by credit card or check or in person by check or cash on registration. (Methods of Payment)
- It is strongly recommended that you submit payment at the time of registration in order to avoid deregistration.
Are refunds available?
- Classes may only be switched during the registration period to other classes on the selected Au Pair course list. This opportunity ends on the last day of the Add/Drop period.
- Refunds are not available to participants and course seats cannot be transferred to another person or to future Au Pairs in the host family.
- If a participant registers for a class that is not on the selected Au Pair course list the participant will be automatically dropped from it and still must pay the $250 course fee.
How Do I Get Started?
- Sign up for the Information Session on January 10, 2018 at 6 pm in the Pavilion
- The session prepares you for class registration by answering your questions. Meet other au pairs and get to know Ramapo.
- The session is mandatory if you are planning to take classes at Ramapo but attending does not obligate you to enroll
- The Au Pair application has to be submitted no later than January 18, 2018 (Online Application)
- Receive you R-number by email.
- Register online (My Ramapo)
For on-campus registration, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Au Pair participants may only register for two classes and may take up to four per year.
Begins: January 19, 2018 (starting at 2 p.m.)
Ends: January 22, 2018 (ending at 11:30 p.m.)
Visit the Web for Students website for Registration instructions process.
- If you have a car and will be parking on campus, you must register for parking permit at www.ramapo.thepermitstore.com. If you are not parking on campus, please complete the Permit Waiver Form.
- Visit the Office of Public Safety on your first day of classes to obtain your photo ID
Driving Directions Website
Questions directed to Sanna Lemmetti, (201) 684-7232 or email: email@example.com