Prior to Step Two:
- Decide if you will participate in Housing Selection as an individual or a predetermined 2 or 4 person group
- Look for roommates to complete groups of 2 or 4 by attending one or more of the Roommate Mixers hosted by the Office of Residence Life to meet and mingle
- You may also utilize the Roommate Locator Binder in the Office of Residence Life, attend a roommate mixer. The Roommate Locator Binder is available until March 11th during business hours
- All groups must designate a group leader. The group leader will be the only person who can select the housing assignment for the group.
- Residents with a documented disability that wish to request an accommodation must contact the Office of Specialized Services no later than March 15, 2020
- Check your credits as of the Fall 2019 semester (the current Spring 2020 semester does not count) – if there is a discrepancy, please provide the Office of Residence Life with the correct information along with documentation to prove the discrepancy by e-mailing email@example.com before March 2, 2020
STEP TWO: March 2 through March 12 (Declaration)
Every single person who completed Step ONE must do the following:
- Complete the online Housing Selection application before 12:00 NOON on March 12th
- Declare yourself in the portal as an individual or a group (only groups of 2 or 4 are allowed)
- If you are in a group, make sure the group is verified before 12:00 NOON on March 12th
Step TWO must be completed by March 12th before 12:00 NOON in order to access Step THREE.
If your entire group is not verified by the March 12th deadline, your group members may be separated and receive admittance times as individuals. Unverified groups are separated to ensure the continued flow of the housing selection process.
If You Declared as a 2 or 4 Person Group:
- The group leader will create and name your group
- The group leader will share the group name and password with the group
- All group members must log into the Housing Portal and select the option “Add yourself to a group”
- If your group members are all going to be 21 by May 1, 2021 and wish to live in alcohol allowed housing, every single group member must declare ALCOHOL ALLOWED in order to obtain alcohol allowed housing
- After all members have joined the group, the group leader must VERIFY the group to officially validate it. Each group member will receive an e-mail verification once the group leader has verified the group. No changes will be allowed after the group is VERIFIED
If You Declared Yourself as an Individual:
As an individual, you will be assigned an admittance time in accordance to the housing selection guidelines. During your admittance time, you will have the opportunity to log into the Housing Portal and select, based on availability, your housing for the academic year. If you will be 21 by May 1, 2021 and wish to reside in alcohol allowed housing, you MUST select “alcohol allowed” during the alcohol allowed housing step. Please keep in mind that as an individual, you will be selecting housing at the end of the process, therefore, we are unable to determine if there will be any alcohol allowed housing options available at your admittance time.
You will receive an e-mail informing you of your admittance time on March 27, 2020 at 4:30pm.
Incomplete groups are groups without the required number of participants. Examples would include a group of 3 who declared themselves as a 4 person group, or an individual who has declared themselves as a group of 2 or 4. The group leader will not be able to verify an incomplete group.
Your incomplete group will be separated and you will receive an admittance time as an individual.