Prior to Step Two:
- Decide if you will participate in Housing Selection as an individual (by yourself) or a predetermined 2 or 4 person group.
- Secure roommates to complete groups of 2 or 4 if going through the process as a group. Decide who will be the group leader. The group leader will be the only person who can select the housing assignment for the group. All 2 or 4 person groups must designate a group leader.
- You may wish to look for roommates to complete groups of 2 or 4 by attending one or more of the Roommate Mixers hosted by the Office of Residence Life to meet and mingle.
- You may also utilize the housing portal if you would like to search for others who are looking for a roommate. In order to use this feature, during Step 2, you must click on the “Search for Roommates by Profile” OR if you would like the portal to suggest roommates click on the “Suggest Roommates” button. For either of these options selected, you will have the ability to request them, send them a message and/or view their profile.
- Residents with a documented disability who wish to request an accommodation must contact and affiliate with the Office of Specialized Services no later than March 15, 2024.
- Review your credits as of the end of the Fall 2023 semester (the current Spring 2024 semester does not count) – if there is a discrepancy, please provide the Office of Residence Life with the correct information along with documentation to prove the discrepancy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before March 8, 2024.
STEP TWO: March 5 through March 14 (Declaration)
Every person who completed Step ONE must do the following:
- Complete the online Housing Selection application before 10:00 am on March 14.
- Declare yourself in the portal as an individual or a group (only groups of 2 or 4 are allowed).
- If you are in a group, make sure the group is verified before 10:00 am on March 14.
- Sign your Housing Contract Terms and Conditions.
Step TWO must be completed by March 14, 2024 before 10:00 am in order to access Step THREE.
If your entire group is not verified by the March 14, 2024 deadline, your group members may be separated and placed as individuals over the summer. Unverified groups are separated to ensure the continued flow of the housing selection process.
If You Declared as a 2 or 4 Person Group:
- The group leader will create and name your group.
- The group leader will share the group name and password with the group.
- All group members must log into the Housing Portal and select the option “Join Group”.
- If your group members are all going to be 21 by May 1, 2025, and wish to live in alcohol allowed housing, every single group member must declare ALCOHOL ALLOWED in order to obtain alcohol allowed housing. Additionally, all group members would need to comply with Alcohol Allowed Housing Application process in the Fall.
- After all members have joined the group, the group leader must VERIFY the group to officially validate it. Each group member will receive an e-mail verification once the group leader has verified the group. No changes will be allowed after the group is VERIFIED.
- Each group member must log in and sign their Housing Contract Terms and Conditions once group is verified.
If You Declared Yourself as an Individual:
As an individual, you WILL NOT receive an admittance time. Although you will be required to complete Step Two, you will not advance to Step Three. All students who declare themselves as individuals will be placed in housing by the Office of Residence Life over the summer. You will have access to log in to the housing portal to view your Fall 2024 housing assignment at the beginning of August.
If you will be 21 by May 1, 2025 and wish to reside in alcohol allowed housing, you MUST select “alcohol allowed” during the alcohol allowed housing step. Please keep in mind that as an individual we are unable to determine if there will be any alcohol allowed housing options available at the time of placement. All students wishing to reside in Alcohol Allowed housing would need to comply with Alcohol Allowed Housing Application process in the Fall.
You will have access to the housing portal in early August to view your housing assignment.
If You Would Like to Search For A Roommate to Complete Your 2 or 4 Person Group:
During Step 2, if you would like the portal to suggest roommates click on the “Suggest Roommates” button OR if you would like to search for others who are looking for a roommate please click on the “Search for Roommates by Profile”. For either of these options selected, you will have the ability to request them, send them a message and/or view their profile. In order to have the ability to search for others, they must have at least started their housing application.
Incomplete groups are groups without the required number of participants. Examples would include a group of 3 who declared themselves as a 4 person group, or an individual who has declared themselves as a group of 2 or 4. The group leader will not be able to verify an incomplete group.
Your incomplete group will be separated and you will be placed by the Office of Residence Life over the summer. As an individual, you WILL NOT receive an an admittance time. Although you will be required to complete Step Two, you will not advance to Step Three. You will have access to log in to the housing portal to view your Fall 2024 housing assignment at the beginning of August.