Join the Friends of Ramapo Now
Membership in the Friends of Ramapo comes with many benefits. When you join at the Friends PLUS level, one of the best benefits is the opportunity to audit up to three courses per year. One in the fall, one in the spring and one during the summer session. It is easy to become a Friends member and to register to audit a course…just follow the steps below:
*It is recommended that you read the steps completely first. Then follow each item. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Join the Friends of Ramapo at the “Plus” membership level.*
Friends PLUS Membership is $150/year. Your membership needs to be renewed annually. Click the button above to sign up for membership online now. You may also join by mail. If you need to join by mail click here and scroll down to “How to become a member”.
Please note that alumni of Ramapo College do not need to join the Friends of Ramapo to audit a course.
2. Audit Registration for the spring 2021 session will be held remotely/on-line. Please read below for the rest of the procedure. A significant majority of our spring 2021 COURSES will be HELD REMOTELY. There will be LIMITED in-person classes during the spring 2021 semester.
Spring 2021 Course Audit Registration – Tuesday, February 2, 2021:
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 (submit your completed form by Friday, January 29 so it may be processed)
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Please Note: Your completed registration form needs to be submitted in advance. The actual registration will take place on the date listed above. Please submit your forms by Friday, January 29. As long as the course you requested is open…no further action on the registration date is required. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment in the class. Please be advised that your bill may not instantly reflect your Friends of Ramapo tuition waiver. Please review it again a few hours after receiving your confirmation email.
3. Review Available Courses
As indicated above most of our courses will be delivered remotely. The following link will take you to information provided by the Office of the Registrar on how to easier read and interpret the spring schedule. Instructions on How to Read & Understand Spring 2021 Course Delivery Modes. It is strongly advised to review this link to understand how each course will be delivered.
There are dozens of available courses each semester for Friends of Ramapo to audit. Click the “Course Availability” button below to get started and see what courses are available in real time. Follow the bullets below to navigate the system.
- Select the upcoming semester term under “Search by Term” and click “Submit”
- Choose at least one subject area of interest
- Click the “Class Search” button
- Click the course title you are interested in
- Check how many seats are remaining under “Registration Availability”
- There must be at least ONE (1) seat available to register for this course.
- No waivers will be accepted for capacity overrides.
You may also view the courses in an excel spreadsheet. Please note the first version of the sheet will be posted shortly. We will update the sheet periodically as we get closer to January 29 but courses are subject to closure. Please note…Column M will show you the maximum number of seats in the class. Column N will show you the number of seats taken as of the date of the sheet.
Spring 2021 Course List as of 01.20.2021
4. Identify several courses you may be interested in taking in case your first choice(s) is not available.
There is a course description for every class offered.
- If you would like to know more about the class before registering, please contact the professor directly via email. They can tell you about content and how the class is run—lecture, small groups, etc.
- Once you are registered for a class you may drop it but there is no opportunity to select another and no refunds. Please choose carefully.
5. Ask for and obtain a waiver from the professor for any pre-requisites prior to registration (if applicable.)
- Please contact the professor directly by email or phone to request a waiver for pre‐requisites. If appropriate, the
professor can immediately note the waiver on your record via computer and confirm it was handled in their reply
email to you.
- Email the reply from the professor to email@example.com.
6. Email your Pre-registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the Pre-registration Form link below. Download the form to your computer. Complete it. Save it to your computer. Email email@example.com and attach the document. Also forward any required pre-requisite waiver message you received from a faculty member.
Email us your completed form no later than Friday, January 29 for the spring semester. This will allow us time to process it and get it ready for your registration to take place on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. After receiving and processing your forms. We will register you for the course between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the order the forms have been received.
7. Read your confirmation message when you receive it from the Office of the Registrar and follow the steps to activate your Ramapo email account (if you have not already done it in a prior semester).
8. Update your Emergency Contact Information
Please make sure your emergency contact information is up to date in Web Self Service. If you have not yet completed this, please follow the steps below:
Viewing your Emergency Contact Information
- Click Here
- Log into Web Self-Service
- Click on the Personal Information link located on the Personal Information Tab
- Click View Emergency Contacts
- Review the Emergency Contact Information display
*Please note that courses may close during the day of registration. It is important to identify several course options.
Currently enrolled students are not eligible for membership in the Friends of Ramapo
Membership in the Friends of Ramapo is a privilege and it may be withdrawn for violations of College policies or procedures
*Memberships are active for one year from the receipt of the application and payment.