Become a Member
1. To audit a course you must first become a member at the Friends PLUS level of membership.
Friends PLUS Membership $150:
- Friends of Ramapo PLUS members receive a tuition waiver to audit THREE (3) courses.
- Members may now audit one undergraduate level course in the fall and spring semesters and one summer course (subject to availability).
- Participation is on a space-permitting basis. When checking course availability, there must be at least one seat available to audit the class
- Certain courses may be excluded
- No transcript is maintained
- Books, Lab and other fees are individual’s responsibility
- All fees are non-refundable once paid
Friends PLUS members also enjoy all the benefits of General Membership:
- Receipt of Ramapo Magazine
- Advance notice of special Friends of Ramapo events and activities
- Discounts to select Berrie Center Events
- Use of the College library
- Online services and book borrowing are available
- Parking hangtag
- Discounted tuition for Mindfulness at Ramapo College of New Jersey
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR 8-week course) https://www.ramapo.edu/mindfulness/
- Members are eligible to purchase a membership to the Bill Bradley Sports and Recreation Center
- Individual membership for a $300
- Family membership for $600
Memberships are active for one year from the receipt of the application and payment.
Become a Member
2. Review the course availability online.
- Select the upcoming semester term under “Search by Term” and click “Submit”
- Choose at least one subject area of interest
- Click the “Class Search” button
- Click the course title you are interested in
- Check how many seats are remaining under “Registration Availability”
- There must be at least ONE (1) seat available to register for this course.
- No waivers will be accepted for capacity overrides.
3. Pre-select several courses in advance of registration in case your first choices are not available.
There is a course description for every class offered.
- If you would like to know more about the class before registering, please contact the professor directly via email. They can tell you about content and how the class is run—lecture, small groups, etc.
- Once you are registered for a class you may drop it but there is no opportunity to select another. Please choose carefully.
4. Ask for and obtain a waiver from the professor for any pre-requisites prior to registration (if applicable.)
- Print and bring this documentation with you to registration
5. Please complete the checklist/worksheet and pre-registration form and bring both to registration.
6. In person registration is required.
7. Spring 2020 Registration
Spring 2020 Course Audit Registration – In Person:
Date: Tuesday January 28, 2020
Time: From 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Building Student Center – SC 156 (Alumni Lounges)
Note: Registration is held on a select date at the beginning of the Fall, Spring and Summer periods.