Join the Friends of Ramapo Now
Membership in the Friends of Ramapo comes with many benefits. When you join at the Friends PLUS level, one of the best benefits is the opportunity to audit up to three courses per year. You can take one in the fall, one in the spring and one during the summer session. It is easy to become a Friends member and to register to audit a course…just follow the steps below:
*It is recommended that you read the steps completely first. Then follow each item. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Join the Friends of Ramapo at the “Plus” membership level.*
Friends PLUS Membership is $150/year. Your membership needs to be renewed annually. Click the button above to sign up for membership online now. You may also join by mail. If you need to join by mail click here and scroll down to “How to become a member”.
- Alumni of Ramapo College do not need to join the Friends of Ramapo to audit a course
- Current Ramapo degree-seeking students both undergraduate and graduate, are not eligible for Friends of Ramapo membership
2. Audit Registration for the fall 2021 will be held remotely/on-line. Please read below for the rest of the procedure. Our fall 2021 courses will be offered in several different formats. It is very important to read and understand the different course delivery modes. Please click here to view the document.
Fall 2021 Semester – Course Audit Registration – Wednesday, September 8, 2021:
Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 (submit your completed form by Thursday, September 2 so it may be processed.)
Please Note: Your completed registration form needs to be submitted in advance. The actual registration will take place on the date listed above. Please submit your forms by Thursday, September 2. As long as the course you requested is open, no further action on the registration date is required. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment in the class. Please be advised that your bill may not instantly reflect your Friends of Ramapo tuition waiver. Please review it again a few hours after receiving your confirmation email.
Important Covid-19 Immunization Information
With limited exemptions, all newly enrolled and continuing Ramapo College Students who plan to take or audit classes on campus or who plan to come to campus at any time during the semester will need to provide documentation of 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. A copy of your documentation can be emailed to email@example.com. Since Friends of Ramapo are registering after the matriculated population your documentation does not need to be in by August 18 but should be submitted by September 2, the same day as your registration form to avoid any additional delay in the ability to attend the in-person class.
Student COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (PDF)
COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Exemption Form (PDF)
Medical or Religious Exemptions
A request for exemption from the immunization requirements due to religious beliefs may be submitted to Health Services. The request must be in writing from the enrolled student if aged 18 or over and specifically state the religious doctrine that prohibits vaccination.
Exemption from requirements based on medical reasons must be submitted to Health Services in the form of a signed statement from a healthcare provider indicating a specific immunization is contraindicated due to a valid medical condition. This documentation will be reviewed annually.
Please note- a student with religious or medical exemptions from receiving immunizing agents may be temporarily excluded from classes and from participating in institution sponsored activities during a vaccine-preventable disease outbreak or threatened outbreak. This decision shall be made by the institution in consultation with the Commissioner, Department of Health and Senior Services or his or her designee. This exclusion shall continue until the outbreak is over or until proof of the student’s immunization or immunity is furnished.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
3. Review Available Courses
As indicated above our courses will be delivered in various modes. The following link will take you to information provided by the Office of the Registrar on how to easier read and interpret the fall schedule. Instructions on How to Read & Understand our Course Delivery Modes. It is strongly advised to review this link to understand how each course will be delivered.
There are dozens of available courses each semester for Friends of Ramapo to audit. Click the “Course Availability” button below to get started and see what courses are available in real time. Follow the bullets below to navigate the system.
- Select the upcoming semester term under “Search by Term” and click “Submit”
- Choose at least one subject area of interest
- Click the “Class Search” button
- Click the course title you are interested in
- Check how many seats are remaining under “Registration Availability”
- There must be at least ONE (1) seat available to register for this course.
- No waivers will be accepted for capacity overrides.
You may also view the courses in an excel spreadsheet using the link below. The sheet is VERY large and it may be easier to search for classes using the link above. We will update the sheet periodically as we get closer to September 2 but please note that courses are subject to closure. Also please note…Column J will show you the maximum number of seats in the class. Column K will show you the number of seats taken as of the date of the sheet. Column L will show the space availability as of the date of this sheet which is 8/17/2021.
Fall 2021 Course List
4. Identify several courses you may be interested in taking in case your first choice(s) is not available.
There is a course description for every class offered.
- If you would like to know more about the class before registering, please contact the professor directly via email. They can tell you about content and how the class is run—lecture, small groups, etc.
- Once you are registered for a class you may drop it but there is no opportunity to select another and no refunds. Please choose carefully.
5. Ask for and obtain a waiver from the professor for any pre-requisites prior to registration (if applicable.)
- Please contact the professor directly by email or phone to request a waiver for pre-requisites. If appropriate, the professor can immediately note the waiver on your record via computer and confirm it was handled in their email reply to you.
- Email the reply from the professor to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Email your Pre-registration form to email@example.com.
Click the Pre-registration Form link below. Download the form to your computer. Complete it. Save it to your computer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the document. Also forward any required pre-requisite waiver message you received from a faculty member.
Email us your completed form no later than Thursday, September 2 for the fall 2021 semester. This will allow us time to process it and get it ready for your registration to take place on Wednesday, September 8, 2021. After receiving and processing your forms, we will register you for the course between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the order the forms have been received.
7. Read your confirmation message when you receive it from the Office of the Registrar and follow the steps to activate your Ramapo email account (if you have not already done so in a prior semester).
8. Update your Emergency Contact Information
Please make sure your emergency contact information is up to date in Web Self Service. If you have not yet completed this, please follow the steps below:
Viewing your Emergency Contact Information
- Click Here
- Log into Web Self-Service
- Click on the Personal Information link located on the Personal Information Tab
- Click View Emergency Contacts
- Review the Emergency Contact Information display
*Please note that courses may close during the day of registration. It is important to identify several course options.
Currently enrolled students are not eligible for membership in the Friends of Ramapo.
Membership in the Friends of Ramapo is a privilege and it may be withdrawn for violations of College policies or procedures.
Memberships are active for one year from the receipt of the application and payment.