Join the Friends of Ramapo Now
Membership in the Friends of Ramapo comes with many benefits. When you join at the Friends PLUS level, one of the best benefits is the opportunity to audit up to three courses per year. You can take one in the fall, one in the spring and one during the summer session. It is easy to become a Friends member and to register to audit a course…just follow the steps below:
*It is recommended that you read the steps completely first. Then follow each item. Email email@example.com with any questions.
1. Join the Friends of Ramapo at the “Plus” membership level.*
Friends PLUS Membership is $150/year. Your membership needs to be renewed annually. Click the button above to sign up for membership online now. You may also join by mail. If you need to join by mail click here and scroll down to “How to become a member”.
- Alumni of Ramapo College do not need to join the Friends of Ramapo to audit a course
- Current Ramapo degree-seeking students both undergraduate and graduate, are not eligible for Friends of Ramapo membership
2. Audit Registration for the 2023 Fall semester will be held remotely/on-line.
Fall Semester – Course Audit Registration – Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Please Note this important information: All registrations will take place On-line/Remotely. Your completed registration form needs to be submitted in advance. The actual registration will take place on the date(s) listed above. Please submit your forms by Friday, September 1 so they may be processed in advance.
Please note that there is a new Financial Responsibility Agreement on Web Self Service that anyone taking classes is required to sign before registration occurs.
As long as the course you requested is open and you’ve completed the Financial Responsibility Agreement, no further action on the registration date is required. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment in the class sometime on September 6, likely closer to the end of the workday. Please be advised that your bill may not instantly reflect your Friends of Ramapo tuition waiver. Please review it again a few days after receiving your confirmation email.
3. Review Available Courses
As indicated above our courses will be delivered in various modes.
There are available courses each semester for Friends of Ramapo to audit. Click the “Course Availability” button below to get started and see what courses are available in real time. Follow the bullets below to navigate the system.
- Select the upcoming semester term under “Search by Term” and click “Submit”
- Choose at least one subject area of interest
- Click the “Class Search” button
- Click the course title you are interested in
- Check how many seats are remaining under “Registration Availability”
- There must be at least ONE (1) seat available to register for this course.
- No waivers will be accepted for capacity overrides.
You may also view the available courses in an Excel spreadsheet format. Use the link below to view the sheet. The sheet will be VERY large and it may be easier to search for classes using the link above. We will update the sheet periodically as we get closer to September 1 but please note that courses are subject to closure. Also please note…Column I will show you the maximum number of seats in the class. Column J will show you the number of seats taken as of the date of the sheet. Column K will show the space availability as of the date this sheet is posted. Column L will show any applicable fee(s) for the course, such as lab fees, equipment fees, etc.
Available Fall Courses in Excel
4. Identify several courses you may be interested in taking in case your first choice(s) is not available.
There is a course description for every class offered.
- If you would like to know more about the class before registering, please contact the professor directly via email. They can tell you about content and how the class is run—lecture, small groups, etc.
- Once you are registered for a class you may drop it but there is no opportunity to select another and no refunds. Please choose carefully.
5. Ask for and obtain a waiver from the professor for any pre-requisites prior to registration (if applicable.)
- Please contact the professor directly by email or phone to request a waiver for pre-requisites. If appropriate, the professor can immediately note the waiver on your record via computer and confirm it was handled in their email reply to you.
- Email the reply from the professor to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Submit your Pre-registration Form and Complete the Financial Responsibility Agreement
We kindly ask that you submit your completed form in either format no later than Friday, September 1. This will allow us time to process it and get it ready for your registration to take place on Wednesday, September 6. After receiving and processing your forms, we will register you for the course between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the order the forms have been received.
7. Read your confirmation message when you receive it from the Office of the Registrar and follow the steps to activate your Ramapo email account (if you have not already done so in a prior semester).
8. It is highly recommended that you email the instructor of the course you plan to register for before the beginning of the semester and introduce yourself as an audit student. You may wish to remind them that registration for Friends of Ramapo is after is after the official start of the Fall semester but that you plan to join the class as soon as possible. You may also ask the instructor to share their expectations for audit students that join their class.
9. Update your Emergency Contact Information
Please make sure your emergency contact information is up to date in Web Self Service. If you have not yet completed this, please follow the steps below:
Viewing your Emergency Contact Information
- Click Here
- Log into Web Self-Service
- Click on the Personal Information link located on the Personal Information Tab
- Click View Emergency Contacts
- Review the Emergency Contact Information display
*Please note that courses may close during the day of registration. It is important to identify several course options.
Currently enrolled students are not eligible for membership in the Friends of Ramapo.
Membership in the Friends of Ramapo is a privilege and it may be permanently withdrawn for violations of College policies or procedures.
Memberships are active for one year from the receipt of the application and payment.