Being a graduate of Ramapo College comes with benefits. One of the best is the opportunity to audit up to three courses per year. One in the fall, one in the spring and one during the summer session. It is easy to get started and continue your path of life long learning at Ramapo. The process is likely a little different from what you remember so just follow the steps below:
*It is recommended that you read the steps completely first. Then follow each item. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Audit Registration for the summer 2020 session will be held remotely/on-line. Please read below for the rest of the procedure. ALL SUMMER 2020 COURSES ARE HELD REMOTELY. THERE ARE NO IN-PERSON CLASSES IN THE SUMMER 2020 SESSION.
Summer 2020 Course Audit Registration – Summer Session 2 Only – Tuesday, July 7, 2020:
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 (submit your completed form by July 2 so it may be processed)
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Summer 2020 Course Audit Registration – Summer Session 1 Deadline has passed.
Please Note: Your completed registration form needs to be submitted in advance. The actual registration will take place on the dates listed above. Please submit your forms by Thursday, July 2 for Summer Session 2. As long as the course you requested is open…no further action on the registration date is required. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment in the class.
2. Review Available Courses
There are dozens of available courses each semester for alumni to audit. Click the “Course Availability” button below to get started and see what courses are available in real time. Follow the bullets below to navigate the system.
- Select the upcoming semester term under “Search by Term” and click “Submit”
- Choose at least one subject area of interest
- Click the “Class Search” button
- Click the course title you are interested in
- Check how many seats are remaining under “Registration Availability”
- There must be at least ONE (1) seat available to register for this course.
- No waivers will be accepted for capacity overrides.
You may also view the courses in an excel spreadsheet. Please note….we will update the sheet periodically as we get closer to July 7 but courses are subject to closure. Please note…Column M will show you the maximum number of seats in the class. Column N will show you the number of seats taken as of the date of the sheet.
Summer 2 Course Listing in Excel Spreadsheet as of 6/22/2020
3. Identify several courses you may be interested in taking in case your first choice(s) is not available.
There is a course description for every class offered.
- If you would like to know more about the class before registering, please contact the professor directly via email. They can tell you about content and how the class is run—lecture, small groups, etc.
- Once you are registered for a class you may drop it but there is no opportunity to select another and no refunds. Please choose carefully.
4. Ask for and obtain a waiver from the professor for any pre-requisites prior to registration (if applicable.)
- Please contact the professor directly by email or phone to request a waiver for pre‐requisites. If appropriate, the
professor can immediately note the waiver on your record via computer and confirm it was handled in their reply
email to you.
- Email the reply from the professor to email@example.com.
5. Email your Pre-registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the Pre-registration Form link below. Download the form to your computer. Complete it. Save it to your computer. Email email@example.com and attach the document. Also forward any required pre-requisite waiver message you received from a faculty member.
Email us your completed form no later than Thursday, July 2 for Summer Session 2. So we may process it and get it ready for your registration to take place on Tuesday, July 7, 2020. After receiving and processing your forms. We will register you for the course between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the order the forms have been received.
6. Read your confirmation message when you receive it from the Office of the Registrar and follow the steps to activate your Ramapo email account. (Many alumni already have an active email but just in case.)
*Please note that courses may close during the day of registration. It is important to identify several course options.