Email Migration to Ramapo Gmail
How do I check my Ramapo Gmail?
What will be my email address?
- Your email and password will remain the same.
How do I know if I have been migrated to Ramapo Gmail?
- You will receive an email notification letting you know that your email have been switched and migrated to Ramapo Gmail
- You will start receiving email in your Ramapo Gmail once you have received the notification.
- If you have some email in your Ramapo Gmail but did not start receiving new emails in Ramapo Gmail, it means you have not been migrated. The email that you see in your inbox is a result of pre-migration. Pre-migration is done to ensure that the actual migration is smoother.
The breakdown of what happen on the day of migration:
- An email will be sent to notify you of the switched to Ramapo Gmail
- After the notification, you will start receiving new emails in Ramapo Gmail
- ITS will then start migrating emails from the old email system to the new email system.
- Below is the breakdown of how long it will generally take us to complete the migration:
- Mailbox 300MB – 1.2GB Between 12-24 hours
- Mailbox 1.8 GB and above not less than 24 hours and up to 72 hours.
What time will my email be switched?
- You email will be switched around 4:30pm and the migration will take place after business hours.
How can I access email that has not been migrated?
- You can still login to the old system and access email that has not been migrated.
Email that might not be migrated:
- Email that has an attachment larger than 25MB
What do I need to transfer or manually set up in Ramapo Gmail?
- Address book
- Email forwarding set up
- Out of office mail message
Direction on setting up Ramapo Gmail on your devices:
Known issues that were experienced:
- When the migration did not complete 100%, you may be missing a block of email.
- If you send an email to another person who are still using Ramapo Email, you will not receive their out of office in your Ramapo Gmail, instead it will be delivered to the local mailbox in the old system.
To change the view on Ramapo Gmail from Conversation view to traditional view, Click here.
Some useful links that may help you with Ramapo Gmail (which can be found here https://www.ramapo.edu/idc/guides/) provided by IDC:
For gmail training please register online or vist the instructional design center:
If you need any assistance, please contact the Helpdesk at 201 684-7777 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org