IDC Services Update
The IDC is located in LC-201 and is open from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM M-F for faculty and staff use only. Come in to use the lab computers, scan documents, and consult with the staff. We also offer drop-in virtual office hours according to the following schedule.
IDC Drop-in Office Hours
Closed Nov. 23 – Nov. 27, 2022
Monday: 10 AM – 2 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM – 1:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM – 3 PM
Thursday: 10 AM – 2 PM
Friday: 10 AM – 1:30 PM
Log on with specific instructional technology questions or concerns, and we will help you problem solve.
Access Virtual Office Hours Link: https://ramapo.webex.com/meet/training16
If you are unable to attend office hours or visit the IDC lab, please contact the Help Desk with all technology-related problems or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn Something New!
- Register for a workshop
- Take advantage of online training to fit your schedule
- Get started with Canvas
- Discover online and hybrid teaching
Check Us Out!
- Discover technologies for teaching
- Quick-start assistance
- Drop in for assistance during virtual office hours
- Schedule an appointment
- The mission of the Instructional Design Center is to guide and support faculty and staff to integrate relevant technology directed toward improving teaching and learning, or enhancing professional development.
- Our computer lab is available for faculty and staff use and has both Windows and Macintosh computers, as well as a variety of specialized hardware and software for scanning and printing.
- Full-time staff, a director, plus skilled student aides are available to assist users who drop in or who schedule appointments for consultation or training.
- Our staff is knowledgeable in instructional design, the “practice of arranging media (communication technology) and content to help learners and teachers transfer knowledge most effectively” (NationMaster.com, 2010).
- Our staff is knowledgeable in the use of technology to support professional staff development.
- We support web-based tools as well as desktop applications.
The Instructional Design Center is located in the Peter P. Mercer Learning Commons, room LC-201.
For Further Information