NOTE: All participating students are expected to be present throughout the day’s events including the Awards Presentation at 5:00 PM).
Please use the following template to put together your abstract. Word documents not conforming to the abstract template found here will not be accepted. Abstract_Template_2013
It is recommended that you prepare your poster of the size 48″ x 36″. If you want to print the poster from the college printshop, it is highly recommended that you use one of the following templates for designing your poster:
Important instructions for the use of above templates:
- Maximum acceptable poster size: 48″W x 36″L.
- You can edit/adjust the margins, text boxes and object holders in the above templates. However, you are required to leave at least one inch margin on each side of the poster.
- Please try your best to include the Ramapo College logo.
- If you wish to print the poster with the Print Shop on campus, please submit your poster (PDF file) to Ms. Ginny Bonnett before March 31, 2017, 11:59 PM.
- Alternatively, you may print your own poster at any time.
The Print Shop may not print your poster if the above guidelines are not followed.
- Presenters should put up their posters latest by 10:00 AM sharp at the Alumni Lounges on the day of the symposium and should be removed between 5:30-6:00 p.m.. The Halls will open at 9:00 AM.
- Large poster bulletin boards are used to hang the posters.
- There will be no tables for tri-fold poster boards.
- Pins need to be prepared by the presenters.
- Presenters must be present by their posters at BOTH the poster sessions.
- The presentations should be prepared to address a general audience who may not have a background in your discipline.
- Oral presentations will be held during the three sessions as specified in the program. You can find out when your talk is scheduled. Students should plan for their talks to take 10 minutes for each oral presentation. Due to the overwhelming number of abstracts that have been submitted for oral presentations this year we are unable to accommodate presentations that extend beyond 10 minutes. Each presentation will be allocated 2 minutes for Q &A in addition to 10 minutes presentation time for a total of 12 minutes.
- All presenters are expected to report to the session chair 15 minutes before the beginning of their respective session. This is when they will load their presentations to the computer ahead of the session.
- PC with internet connection and Microsoft Power Point, and a multimedia projector will be provided. If you created your PowerPoint on a Mac, please make sure it will work on a PC BEFORE the day of the symposium!
- The presentations should be prepared to address a general audience who may not have a background in your discipline. Anyone in TAS, regardless of their discipline, should be able to understand your presentation.