Associate Professor of Biology
Year Joined RCNJ: 2010
- Phone: (201) 684-6227
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: G-308
- Office Hours: MR 1:30-3:00
- B.S., Nanjing University, P.R. China
- Ph.D., Rutgers University
- Plant Physiology
- Food Science
- Introduction to Biology
- Fundamentals of Biology I
- Fundamentals of Biology II
- Plant growth under abiotic and biotic stress conditions
- Eco-friendly plant growth regulators/hormones
- Anti-fungal and anti-bacterial effects of herbs
- Shelf life of fresh produce
- Culinary art and nutrition
- Courtney, A. (’15), J. Xu and Y. Xu*. 2016. Responses of growth, antioxidants and gene expression in smooth cordgrass (Spartina alterniflora) to various levels of salinity. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 99: 162-170.
- Jespersen, D., E. Merewitz, Y. Xu, J. Honig, S. Bonos, W. Meyer and B. Huang. 2016. Quantitative trait loci associated with physiological traits for heat tolerance in creeping bentgrass. Crop Science 56: 1314-1329.
- Mapes, C. (’13) and Y. Xu*. 2014. Photosynthesis, vegetative habit, and culinary properties of sage (Salvia officinalis) in response to low-light conditions. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 94: 881-889.
- Xu, Y., H. Du and B. Huang. 2013. Identification of metabolites associated with superior heat tolerance in thermal bentgrass through metabolic profiling. Crop Science 53: 1626-1635.
- Xu, Y., C. Zhan and B. Huang. 2011. Heat shock proteins in association with heat tolerance in grasses. International Journal of Proteomics Volume 2011 (doi:10.1155/2011/529648).
- Bernstein, N., M. Shoresh, Y. Xu and B. Huang. 2010. Involvement of the plant antioxidative response in the differential growth sensitivity to salinity of leaves vs. roots during cell development. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 49: 1161-1171.
- Xu, Y., T. Gianfagna and B. Huang. 2010. Proteomic analysis associated with expression of a gene (ipt) controlling cytokinin synthesis for improving heat tolerance in a perennial grass species. Journal of Experimental Botany 61: 3273-3289.
- Zhang, Y. C. Liang, Y. Xu, T. Gianfagna and B. Huang. 2010. Effects of ipt gene expression on leaf senescence induced by nitrogen or phosphorus deficiency in creeping bentgrass.Journal of the American Society for Horticulture Science 135: 108-115.
- Xu, Y. and B. Huang. 2010. Responses of creeping bentgrass to trinexapac-ethyl and two commercial biostimulants under summer stress. HortScience 45: 125-131.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.