Professor of Biology
Year Joined RCNJ: 1999
- Phone: (201) 684-7722
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: G-418
- Office Hours: M 5:50-7:15 p.m.; R 2:05-2:15 by email appointment and 5:50-6:45; W by appointment only
- Personal Website
- B.S., M.S., M.Phil, Ph.D., Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India
- Introduction to Biology
- Fundamentals of Biology
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Molecular Biology
- The goal of research in my lab has been to study interactions between cellular proteins and conserved G-quadruplex forming regulatory motifs that can influence human gene expression. We use bioinformatics/computational tools and databases developed in our lab to conduct detailed transcriptome wide studies on the distribution patterns of G-quadruplex motifs near biologically important sites of thousands of mammalian genes.
- Research projects in my lab particularly focus on the regulation of human genes involved in cancer, apoptosis, and neurological abnormalities, including autism, dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
- I regularly collaborate with Mathematics and Computer Science faculty for research. Projects in my lab involve active participation by undergraduate students of the college, especially during the winter and summer breaks.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.