Professor of Mathematics
Year Joined RCNJ: 2002
- Phone: (201) 684-7718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: G-128F
- Office Hours: On Sabbatical (Fall 2020)
- B.S., M.S., Ohio State University
- Ph.D., Yale University
- Linear Algebra
- Numerical Analysis
- Number Theory
- Introduction to Analysis
- Discrete Structures
- Elementary Probability and Statistics
- Math for the Modern World
- Applied harmonic analysis
- (R. Coifman, PI; G. Davis, M. Goldberg-Rugalev, S. Kim, and F. Warner, Co-PI’s)Mathematical Tools for Non-invasive Spectroscopic Monitoring of Blood Chemistry (Proposal Number 0139914), effective 10/01/02, duration 36 months, $890,000 National Science Foundation grant awarded.
- (with S. Kim) Using the pmf of the time to reach a subset of states in an irreducible finite Markov chain for clustering, Joint Math Meetings, AMS Session on Probability and Statistics I, New Orleans, LA, January 5-8, 2007.
- M. Goldberg, T. Hrycak, and S. Kim, A Fast Numerical Method for Evaluation of Calderón Commutators, J. of Computational and Applied Math., Vol. 158, Issue 2, September 2003, pp. 473-484.
- M. Goldberg and S. Kim, Solving the Dirichlet Acoustic Scattering Problem for a Surface with Added Bumps using the Green’s Function for the Original Surface, Int. J. of Math. and Math. Sci., Vol. 31, No. 11, September 2002, pp. 687-694.
- R. Coifman, M. Goldberg, T. Hrycak, M. Israeli, and V. Rokhlin, An Improved Operator Expansion Algorithm for Direct and Inverse Scattering Computations, Waves in Random Media, 9(1999), pp. 441-457.
- M. Goldberg, An Alternative Operator Expansion Formalism for Electromagnetic Scattering from a Perfectly Conducting Rough Surface, Research Report 1156, Yale University—Dept. of Comp. Sci., July 1998.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.