Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Year Joined RCNJ: 2009
- Phone: (201) 684-7710
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: G-406
- Office Hours: M 1:40-3:40; W by appointment
- B.S., University of California, Santa Cruz
- Ph.D., Boston College
- Organic Chemistry I (lec & lab)
- Organic Chemistry II (lec & lab)
- Synthesis of Peptide Epoxides as Probes for Purification and Imaging of Cysteine Proteases
- Synthesis of Substituted Chalcone Derivatives as Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- J.R. Carreon, K.M. Stewart, K.P. Mahon Jr., S. Shin and S.O. Kelley (2007), ‘Cyanine Dye Conjugates as Probes for Live Cell Imaging’. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 17: 5182-5185.
- K.P. Mahon Jr., M.D. Roy, J.R. Carreon, E.G. Prestwich, J.L. Rouge, S. Shin, and S.O. Kelley (2006), ‘Tunable DNA Cleavage by Intercalating Peptidoconjugates’. Chem. Bio. Chem. 7: 766-773.
- L.M. Wittenhagen, J.R. Carreon, E.G. Prestwich, and S.O. Kelley (2005), ‘Phototoxicity of Peptidoconjugates Modulated by a Single Amino Acid’. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 44: 2542-2546.
- J.R. Carreon, M.A. Roberts, L.M. Wittenhagen, and S.O. Kelley (2005), ‘Synthesis, Characterization, and Cellular Uptake of DNA-binding Rose Bengal Peptidoconjugates’. Org. Lett. 7: 99-102.
- J.R. Carreon, K.P. Mahon Jr., and S.O. Kelley (2004), ‘Thiazole Orange-Peptide Conjugates: Sensitivity of DNA Binding to Chemical Structure’. Org. Lett. 6: 517-519.
- M.R. Burns, S. LaTurner, J. Ziemer, M. McVean, B. Devens, C.L. Carlson, G.F. Graminski, S.M. Vanderwerf, R.S. Weeks, and J.R. Carreon (2002), ‘Induction of Apoptosis by Aryl-Substituted Diamines: Role of Aromatic Group Substituents and Distance Between Nitrogens’. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 12: 1263-1267.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.