FOUNDATION ALLOCATION GRANTS
The Foundation’s mission is to provide the resources that make the difference in Ramapo College’s quest for educational excellence. To support this mission the Foundation sponsors a competitive grant program for the College community. A total of $66,000 is available for the Foundation Allocation Grants in the current academic year.
- Projects that support the Goals of College Strategic Plan
- Projects that support the College Value Statements
- Faculty research, especially projects that involve students
- Seed money for projects that have the potential to secure future funds e.g. pilot projects, exploratory research, consultation with colleagues in the field
Not Funded Through Allocation Grants
- Release time
- Meals and food costs
- Capital projects and equipment valued at $5,000 or more, with a useful life over 2 years
The members of the Allocations Committee of the Board of Governors review all proposals and decide on award amounts. Input from Officers of the College is considered, but is not determinative. Please note that many more requests are received than can be funded, and that many requests receive only partial funding.
Submitting An Application
- Applicants are required to contact Dr. Angela Cristini (X-7724) or Claudia Esker (X-7374) in the Grants & Sponsored Programs office to discuss the project and review application procedures.
- Be sure to discuss the project with your Dean or unit head.
- Describe information on what makes the project innovative or unique in its field. This will help the committee better evaluate the request.
- Attach a copy of the brochure or flyer for any conference travel request. All travel should be coach class and the best available rate and mode of transportation. Requests for travel should only include conference fees, transportation, and accommodations (no meals).
- Projects involving international travel with students must contact the Roukema Center prior to submitting the application, all other student travel must follow the College Student Travel Policy.
- Stipends for College employees will be paid through the Payroll Office. Grantees must complete the Special Payment form and secure approval signatures before work begins.
- Ramapo College student workers are paid through the Cahill Center. Grantees must meet with the Student Assistant Program Coordinator (X-7224), before work begins.
- Equipment purchased with Foundation funding is the property of Ramapo College. Grantees must purchase and register the equipment according to Ramapo College policies and procedures. If you are unsure of these guidelines, please contact the Purchasing Department (ext. 7496).
- Applications may not be considered from grantees who have not completed all of their previous grant activities or submitted a final report.
- Grants do not carry forward into the next fiscal year.
- It is not the responsibility of the Foundation to follow up on incomplete grant applications. Please help us be a strong proponent for your project by providing a compelling, complete application.
*Incomplete proposals, or proposals received after 4:30 PM on the day of the deadline will not be reviewed.
CLICK HERE to complete an application.