Title IX prohibits bullying, harassment, or discrimination regardless of gender identity and gender expression.
Students who do not conform to stereotypical notions of masculinity or femininity are protected from discrimination, harassment, and violence. You have the right to:
- Be protected from being bullied or harassed because you are transgender or gender nonconforming.
- Equal educational opportunities regardless of your gender identity or gender expression.
- Present yourself in a way that is consistent with your gender identity.
- Privacy concerning your transgender status.
- Expect that your preferred pronoun is honored.
The Trans@Ramapo website is dedicated to providing resources to transgender and gender nonconforming students, faculty, and staff at Ramapo College. Please also visit the LGBTQIA+ 101 website for information about Safe Zone, student meetings, faculty resources, advocacy, scholarships, and more.
To learn more about the transgender community at Ramapo, please visit the Women’s Center in room C220 (near the Fishbowl) or call (201) 684-7468.
Gender Inclusive Restrooms
Ramapo College has 10 Gender Inclusive Restrooms on campus, you may find the locations on the Trans@Ramapo website.
Used Name Policy
Ramapo College’s Used Name Policy allows students to officially update their first and middle names across campus. Please see the Request for Used Name form for more information.