Assistant Professor of Biology
Year Joined RCNJ: 2013
- B.S., University of Delaware
- Ph.D., University of California, San Diego
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Cornell University
- Comparative Animal Physiology (Lec/Lab)
- Genetics (Lec/Lab)
- Fundamentals of Biology I (Lab)
- Animal Physiology
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genes and Development
- Cell division and early embryonic development
- Functional characterization of genes driving chromosome segregation
- Neuronal migration, development and connectivity
- Monen J, Hattersley N, Muroyama A, Stevens D, Oegema K, et al. (2015) Separase Cleaves the N-Tail of the CENP-A Related Protein CPAR-1 at the Meiosis I Metaphase-Anaphase Transition in C. elegans. PLoS ONE 10(4): e0125382. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0125382
- Gassman R, Rechtsteiner A, Yuen K, Muroyama A, Egelhofer T, Gaydos L, Barron F, Maddox P, Essex A, Monen J, Ercan S, Lieb J, Oegema K, Strome S, Desai A. “An Inverse Relationship to Germline Transcription Defines the elegans Holocentromere in Progeny.” Nature. 2012 Apr 8;484(7395):534-7.
- Kinkhabwala A, Riley M, Koyama M, Monen J, Sato C, Kimura Y, Higashijima S, Fetcho J. “A ground plan underlying the structural and functional patterning of neurons in the hindbrain of zebrafish.” Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Jan 18;108(3):1164-9.
- Green RA, Audhya A, Pozniakovsky A, Dammermann A, Pemble H, Monen J, Portier N, Hyman A, Desai A, K. Oegema. “Expression and Imaging of Fluorescent Proteins in the elegans Gonad and Early Embryo.” In K. Sullivan (Ed.), Methods in Cell Biology: Fluorescent Proteins 2008 (85):179-218.
- Maddox PS, Hyndman F, Monen J, Oegema K, Desai A. “Functional genomics identifies a Myb domain-containing protein family required for assembly of CENP-A chromatin.” J Cell Biol. 2007 Mar 12;176(6):757-63.
- Monen J, Maddox PS, Hyndman F, Oegema K, Desai A. “Differential role of CENP-A in the segregation of holocentric elegans chromosomes during meiosis and mitosis.” Nat Cell Biol. 2005 Dec;7(12):1248-55.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.