CURRENT STUDENT HOUSING WITHDRAWAL FORM
If you are an incoming first year or transfer student and wish to withdraw from housing you must email Admissions at email@example.com.
- All students who wish to withdraw from housing must complete this form, as well as a check-out receipt and exit survey.
- Students who voluntarily withdraw from housing, students who are administratively withdrawn from housing or students who lose housing as a result of a judicial sanction must reapply for any future housing requests, as their guaranteed housing status is no longer in effect. Once a student is withdrawn from housing, they are considered a commuter student.
- Students who withdraw from housing and later decide they would like to return to housing must reapply by submitting a commuter housing application and a $200 non-refundable housing deposit. This application may be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The $200.00 non-refundable housing deposit must be submitted to the Student Accounts Office. Once your application is received and your deposit is paid, your name will be added to the commuter wait list. Please note: housing is not guaranteed.
- Before students submit a housing withdrawal form, all belongings must be removed from their room/suite/apartment. Any personal items left in their room/suite/apartment will be considered abandoned and will be discarded. Once a withdrawal form is submitted, it goes into effect immediately.
- Students will be responsible for all housing charges until they have officially completed all check out procedures and withdrawal processes. Students who do not properly follow the check out procedures will be charged a $75 fee for an improper check-out.
- No refunds will be issued for housing or dining plan changes after the 50% refund deadline. Please review the academic calendar on the College website for refund deadlines.
- Requests for forwarding mail will be honored for two weeks (first class mail only). In order for students’ mail to be forwarded, they must fill out forwarding address labels (contact hall/area office for details). After two weeks, mail will no longer be forwarded and will be returned to sender.
- Students who have been granted an approved Medical Leave of Absence (MLOA) must follow the withdrawal process outlined in the Guide to Community Living. Students who intend to return to housing after the MLOA must complete a Temporary Withdrawal Form (in addition to a housing withdrawal form) and submit it to the main Office of Residence Life. Although, students are guaranteed housing, we are unable to guarantee specific housing assignments. The students’ age as well as credits (on file at the time of placement) will be taken into consideration.
- Students who are withdrawing from housing for Military obligations or a Study Abroad program through Ramapo College must submit a housing withdrawal form and a Temporary Withdrawal Form if they wish to return to campus housing. This form must be submitted to the main Office of Residence Life. Although, students are guaranteed housing, we are unable to guarantee specific housing assignments. The students’ age as well as credits (on file at the time of placement) will be taken into consideration.
- Housing deposits are non-refundable and will be forfeited. Students are encouraged to review their account on-line within four business days to see if the forfeited housing deposit has created a balance on their account or increased a current balance.