How to Apply – Transfer Students
- August 1: Submission of applications begins.
- January 15: Deadline for applications to receive priority consideration.
- After January 15: Applications will be considered if space is available.
Eligibility and requirements are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at email@example.com before applying.
Steps to Apply
- Step 1: The initial application for admission into the College Honors Program is included as an optional part of the Common Application. Complete the “College Honors Admission Essay” section of the Common Application when applying to Ramapo College.
- Admission Essay (In 800 words or less): Most people belong to many different communities; groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interests, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong and describe that community and your place within it.
- Step 2: To finalize the application, students must email a statement of purpose, one faculty recommendation, and a sample of work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Honors Application.”
- Statement of Purpose (250 words or less). Make sure you have looked closely at the requirements of the Honors Program on our website. Knowing that you are required to take several Honors courses and complete a thesis project, how does the Ramapo Honors Program fit into your academic and/or career plans? Please explain in your statement which Honors courses, if any, you will not be enrolling in due to courses taken previously.
- One Faculty Recommendation: Please submit one letter from a faculty member of your previous institution. Letters should demonstrate personal knowledge of your intellectual independence and capacity for engaged learning.
- Example of Work: Please submit a previously completed essay or project that you consider demonstrates the qualities required for admission to the College Honors Program. Include a description of the assignment and class it was created for.
Step 3: If we choose to invite you to campus for an admissions interview, we will contact you within 4-6 weeks to set up an appointment with our Advisory Board. Students living more than 90 minutes from campus can request a Skype interview.
- Step 4: If invited to join Honors, inform us of your final decision prior to May 1st and prepare for an intellectually engaging college career!