How to Apply – Transfer Students
Eligibility and requirements are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Professor Root at email@example.com before applying.
Steps to Apply
- Step 1: To finalize the application, students must email an admission essay, statement of purpose, one faculty recommendation, and a sample of work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Honors Application.”
- Admission Essay (In 800 words or less): Most people belong to many different communities; groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interests, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong and describe that community and your place within it.
- Statement of Purpose (250 words or less). Make sure you have looked closely at the requirements of the Honors Program on our website. Knowing that you are required to take several Honors courses and complete a Senior project, how does the Ramapo Honors Program fit into your academic and/or career plans? Please explain in your statement which Honors courses, if any, you will not be enrolling in due to courses taken previously.
- One Faculty Recommendation: Please submit one letter from a faculty member of your previous institution. Letters should demonstrate personal knowledge of your intellectual independence and capacity for engaged learning.
- Example of Work: Please submit a previously completed essay or project that you consider demonstrates the qualities required for admission to the College Honors Program. Include a description of the assignment and class it was created for.
- Step 2: If we choose to invite you to campus for an admissions interview, we will contact you within 4-6 weeks to set up an appointment with our Advisory Board.
- Step 3: If invited to join Honors, inform us of your final decision prior to May 1st and prepare for an intellectually engaging college career!