Professor of Economics
Executive Director, Eastern Economic Association
Year Joined RCNJ: 2005
- B.S. Lehigh University
- M.A., Ph.D., State University of New York at Binghamton
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Comparative Economic Systems
- Economics of the Sports Industry
- Health Economics
- International Finance
- Sports Economics
- Applied Labor Economics
- Sports Economics
- Nonparametric Econometrics
- Olbrecht, A. (in press, 2019). Data-Driven Drafting: Applying Econometrics to Employ Quarterbacks. Contemporary Economic Policy.
- Olbrecht, A., Romano, C., & Teigen, J. (2016). How Money Helps Students in College: the relationship between family finances, merit-based aid and retention in higher education. Journal of Student Financial Aid, 46(1), 2-16.
- “The College Fed Challenge Competition” in the Eastern Economic Journal, Fall 2015. Volume 41, Number 4.
- Abzug, R., Olbrecht, A., Sabrin, M., & DeLeon, E. (in press, 2015). Nonprofit Financing to the Rescue? The Slightly Twisted Case of Local Educational Foundations and Public Education in New Jersey. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 45(1).
Olbrecht, A. & Bloom, S. (2009). What Are the Monetary Effects of Education in the Market For Major League Baseball Players. Journal of Business & Economics Research, 7 (5), 63-71.
Olbrecht, A. (2009). Do Academically Deficient Scholarship Athletes Earn Higher Wages Subsequent to Graduation? Economics of Education Review, 28 (5), 611-619.
Hutchins, T. & Olbrecht, A. (2009). The Link Between AACSB Accreditation and Graduate Schools. American Journal of Business Education, 2 (6), 89-96.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.