RCNJ – Teacher Assistant (TA) to Teacher Programs
Ramapo is ready to meet the need in the State of NJ to hire well prepared and educated teachers! Thank you for your interest in the Ramapo College’s TA to Teacher Program to attain the following:
- initial NJ Teacher CEAS in only one year
- NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CE in only one year
- a Master of Arts in Special Education within two years
- NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CEAS within two years
This program is approved by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
In addition, if you have already earned your bachelor’s degree and your state issued teaching certification, and are interested in pursuing your graduate degree, Ramapo also offers the MA in Special Education, MA Educational Leadership and MS Contemporary Instructional Design programs. For questions about our Graduate Education Programs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 201.800.6057.
RCNJ – TA to Teacher Programs
We invite you to learn more about the RCNJ TA to Teacher Program by browsing the information below.
Request More Information
Our next cohorts will begin in Summer and Fall 2024. Sign up for an info session today!
Upcoming Info Sessions
TA to Teacher – Program Details
There is currently a teacher shortage in the United States and, specifically, in New Jersey. The demand for quality teachers who are dedicated, passionate, and driven is higher than ever before. We, at Ramapo, and in Teacher Education are committed to preparing teachers to meet this public challenge and need.
The TA to Teacher program is an opportunity for teacher assistants who are interested in becoming teachers. This rigorous program provides students with the courses, experiences, and credentials they need to be qualified professional educators. The program also emphasizes participation from educators, which is essential for ensuring that the program is relevant and meets the needs of the teaching profession.
Ramapo College of New Jersey is excited about this program and offering this pathway to educators in the State of New Jersey. TA to Teacher has the potential to make a real difference in the lives of teacher assistants and the students they teach.
Benefits of the TA to Teacher program:
- It is a fast-track, mostly virtual, program that allows students to earn their teaching degree in one year.
- It is a practical program that provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in the classroom.
- It is a collaborative program that emphasizes participation from educators.
- It is a workforce development model that can ensure that New Jersey has a strong pool of qualified teachers.
If you are a teacher assistant interested in becoming a teacher, this program is a great way to advance your career and make a difference in students’ lives.
TA to Teacher – Overview
- Complete Post-Bac Credits and Dual Post-Bac/Graduate Credits
- Elementary Education (K-6) Certification – 42 credits (30 Undergraduate / 12 Graduate)
- K-12 Content Area Certification – 35 credits (23 Undergraduate / 12 Graduate)
- Complete job-embedded clinical experience and internship requirements for State of NJ
- Eligible to apply for initial Elementary or Secondary/Content Area NJ Teacher CEAS
- Eligible to apply for NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CE
- Complete 24 MASE MA Special Education – graduate credits
- Obtain MASE graduate degree
- Eligible to apply for NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CEAS
The above is a typical roadmap for a TA/student who has earned a bachelors degree with a final GPA of 3.0 or higher. Those students with a bachelors degree with a final GPA below 3.0 or those students who have not yet earned bachelors degree who have earned 60 or more credits will be provided a similar, but different roadmap to earn a bachelors degree in Social Science/Education Studies and certifications as outlined above. This roadmap and additional credits will “bridge” students seamlessly into the TAtoTeacher Program as outlined.
Upon receiving your inquiry and previewing your academic history, we will advise you accordingly as to which roadmap suits your needs and is necessary to enroll in to become a teacher!
TA to Teacher – Admissions and Enrollment Process
All interested students should complete the inquiry form above. Announcements of upcoming cohorts will be sent via email and those announcements will include details on program delivery, application deadlines, etc.
All interested students should prepare by requesting official college transcripts, of all colleges previously attended, and an updated resume, and once application instructions are received, students can upload documents seamlessly to the application portal.
TA to Teacher Tuition and Financial Aid Information
– Undergraduate In-State/Out-of-State Resident Rate – $464.35 per credit (approx. $1,850 per 4 credit course)
Approx total cost of Year 1 – undergraduate portion – $20,000 – 24,000
– Graduate Rate In-State/Out-of-State Resident – $792.19 per credit (approx: $3,150 per 4 credit course)
Approx total cost of Year 2 – Masters program – $20,000
Non-Tuition Related Fees
– District Partner Fee – $100.00 (per semester)
– Transcript Fee – $25.00 (one-time)
Payment Plans are available – https://www.ramapo.edu/student-accounts/options-policies/
Financial Aid may be available for the TA to Teacher Program – https://www.ramapo.edu/finaid/postbac/ . Those who need to enroll to attain a first or second bachelors degree, other financial aid may be available as well. In order to be considered eligible, a FAFSA must be completed at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Ramapo’s school code is 00934400.
Eligibility requirements are that you must be considered a matriculating student, and be enrolled in at least 6 credits or more for the semester.
Additional funding options include alternative student loans which can be found at www.elmselect.com.
For questions about Financial Aid, the FAFSA form, and eligibility, please contact the RCNJ Financial Aid Office at email@example.com