RCNJ + MUJC TA to Teacher Program and Graduate Education Programs
Thank you for your interest in the Ramapo College of NJ and Morris-Union Jointure Commission (MUJC) partnership, offering a TA to Teacher Program to attain:
- initial NJ Teacher CEAS in only one year
- NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CE in only one year
- a Master of Arts in Special Education within two years
- NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CEAS within two years
This program is approved by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
In addition, if you have already earned your bachelor’s degree and your state issued teaching certification, and are interested in pursuing your graduate degree, Ramapo also offers the MA in Special Education, MA Educational Leadership and MS Contemporary Instructional Design at the MUJC New Providence site.
For questions about our Graduate Education Programs, email us at email@example.com or text us at 201.800.6057.
RCNJ + MUJC TA to Teacher Program
We invite you to learn more about the RCNJ + MUJC TA to Teacher Program by browsing the information below.
Request More Information
Our next virtual Information Session for the TA to Teacher Program is on February 9, 2023 at 3:30pm. Sign up here.
Our last Information Session was held on 10.27.22. The recorded session can be viewed below:
TA to Teacher – Program Details
There is currently a teacher shortage in the United States and, specifically, in New Jersey. The demand for quality teachers who are dedicated, passionate, and driven is higher than ever before. We, at Ramapo, and in Teacher Education are committed to preparing teachers to meet this public challenge and need. To this end, we crafted an accelerated pathway program that is unique, rigorous, and practical, providing students the courses, experiences, and, ultimately, credentials to be qualified educators! We are very excited about the partnership and offering this modified pathway to all eligible students in the region.
TA to Teacher – Overview
- Complete Post-Bac Credits and Dual Post-Bac/Graduate Credits
- Elementary Education (K-6) Certification – 42 credits (30 UG / 12 GR)
- K-12 Content Area Certification – 35 credits (23 UG / 12 GR)
- Complete job-embedded clinical experience and internship requirements
- Eligible to apply for initial Elementary or Secondary/Content Area NJ Teacher CEAS
- Eligible to apply for NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CE
- Complete 24 MASE graduate credits
- Potential eligibility for “GLEX” credits (up to 8 credits)
- GLEX-eligible students will complete a job-embedded action research investigation and related authentic-based performance assessment product
- Obtain MASE graduate degree
- Eligible to apply for NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities CEAS
TA to Teacher – Admissions and Enrollment Process
The next cohort for TA to Teacher at MUJC will begin in May 2023. The Summer 2023 application is available and the deadline to apply for the Summer 1 start term is March 1, 2023.
Applications for the program are submitted via apply.ramapo.edu/apply and will be reviewed for admission on an ongoing basis.
Please select “Non-Degree (ND)” on the Admissions Undergraduate application, then choose the “Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification” option.
After submitting a Non-Degree/Post-Bac Application, prospective students must also:
- Submit official college transcripts from all previously attended colleges. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your previous colleges to be counted as official. Transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts from outside of the United States must be evaluated (course by course) by WES (preferred) or any other current member of NACES. If you are a current RCNJ student or a RCNJ Alumni, you do not need to submit RCNJ transcripts.
- Submit a current resume (upload directly to application portal)
- Submit a copy of your valid driver’s license or voter registration or utility bill (upload directly to portal)
After submitting your application and supporting documents, your application will be reviewed by the RCNJ Teacher Education team and an admissions decision will be sent shortly. Students will consult with Joanne Caselli, RCNJ Teacher Education Post-Baccalaureate Advisor and Certification Officer, and/or Dr. Julie Good, MASE Program Director, prior to enrollment for advisement and registration assistance.
Once completion of the initial teacher certification requirements occurs, students will be required to complete a Transition to Graduate MA Special Education program application and transition to the graduate MA Special Education portion of the program.
MUJC Tuition and Financial Aid Information
– Undergraduate In-State/Out-of-State Resident Rate – $446.49 per credit (approx. $1,800 per 4 credit course)
– Graduate Rate In-State/Out-of-State Resident – $761.72 per credit (approx: $3,000 per 4 credit course)
Non-Tuition Related Fees
– Morris Union Jointure Commission Fee – $100.00 (per semester)
– Transcript Fee – $25.00 (one-time)
Payment Plans are available – https://www.ramapo.edu/student-accounts/options-policies/
Financial Aid may be available for the MUJC TA to Teacher Program – https://www.ramapo.edu/finaid/postbac/ . In order to be considered eligible, a FAFSA must be completed at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
If you are applying for the Summer 1 term, which begins in May 2023, please submit a 2023-2024 FAFSA.
Ramapo’s school code is 00934400.
Eligibility requirements are that you must be considered a matriculating student, and be enrolled in at least 6 credits or more for the semester.
Additional funding options include alternative student loans which can be found at www.elmselect.com.
For questions about Financial Aid, the FAFSA form, and eligibility, please contact the RCNJ Financial Aid Office at email@example.com