Associate Professor of Sociology
Year Joined RCNJ: 2008
- B.A., Communication, University of Oklahoma
- M.A., Sociology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Ph. D., Sociology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Social Research with Computers
- Social Statistics with Computers
- Sociology of Community
- I believe in teaching that includes an interactive classroom where students are pushed to think critically about sociological concepts and where they learn “real world” skills that can help them on the job market or in future academic endeavors.
- Sexuality and Sexual Behavior
- Media Studies
- Social Psychology
- L’Engle, K. L., Brown, J. D., and Kenneavy, K. (2006) The Mass Media are an Important Context for Adolescents’ Sexual Behavior. Journal of Adolescent Health, 36(3), 186-192.
- Brown. J. D., L’Engle, K. L., Pardun, C. J., Guo, G., Kenneavy, K., and Jackson, C. (2006) Sexy Media Matter: Exposure to Sexual Content in Music, Movies, Television, and Magazines Predicts Black and White Adolescents’ Sexual Behavior. Pediatrics, 117(4), 1018-1027.
- Interests in distance running, politics
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.