Skip to New Hires site navigationSkip to main content

New Hires

Please select your role at Ramapo College, New Staff, New Faculty, New Adjunct, New Part – Time Hourly Employee/Coach or Volunteer / Ramapo Affiliate. The information will help your New Hire / New Affiliation process move along smoothly.

New Hires Forms / Applications

Family Change Status
Flexible Spending Accounts (Commuter Tax$ave & Flexible Spending Account)


The State Employee Tax Savings Program, Tax$ave, lets you set aside before-tax dollars to pay certain medical, dental, and dependent care costs, which helps you avoid federal taxes and save money.

See our fact sheet Tax$ave   for details about eligibility and the benefits under its component plans.


You must enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) each year in order to participate.  Horizon will be handling FSA Enrollment for the NJDPB for Plan Year 2022. Contact information and enrollment instructions can be found below.

You may contact Horizon MyWay customer service toll-free at 1-888-215-0025.

2022 Tax$ave Publications

Horizon MyWay FSA Enrollment Form  or enroll online.

Horizon MyWay Change In Status Form

Tax$ave Open Enrollment Newsletter

Premium Option Plan brochure

Flexible Spending Account Quick Reference Guide

Flexible Spending Account Essential Guide 

COBRA Continuation Coverage Notice

Paper applications can be printed and mailed or faxed to the address/number provided on the form.

Commuter Tax$ave

The New Jersey State Employees Commuter Tax Savings Program, Commuter Tax$ave, lets you set aside before-tax dollars to pay for mass transit and commuter parking expenses, so you can avoid federal taxes and save money.

See Links for enrollment and additional information

Enroll: Commuter Tax$ave

Fact Sheet: Commuter Tax$ave

Contact Number: 1-866-512-8769


Section 125 Plans for Local Employers

The Tax$ave Program is only available to eligible State employees.

Local government and local education employers are required to offer Section 125 plans to their employees; however, local employers must have their own Section 125 programs. Local employees should contact their benefits administrator to learn about the specific plans and benefits that are available.

Declination of POP

Enrollment in the Premium Option Plan (POP) is automatic unless you submit a Declination of Premium Option Plan form.

By declining POP you choose to pay more in taxes. To decline enrollment in this tax-saving plan, use the form for State Employees  or for State College Employees

Pension Plans

Please see the Benefits Office before selecting Pension Plan.

Public Employee Retirement System (PERS)

Alternate Benefit Program (ABP)

Unclassified Staff (Managers, Aft Professional Staff & Faculty)

Employee Discounts And Advantages

Gym Membership For Bradley Center


Auto & Home Insurance

Ramapo College Performing & Visual Arts

  • “Completed in 1999, the Center houses modern performance theaters, art galleries, and specialized spaces devoted to fine arts, computer art, photography, theater, dance and music.” Please check with the Ramapo Box Office for employee discounts.

Ramapo College Foundation

  • The Office of Institutional Advancement and the Ramapo College Foundation share a mission to provide the resources that make the difference in Ramapo College’s quest for educational excellence.
  • Want to get involved?  Contact The Fund for Ramapo College Coordinator at (201) 684-6819.
Dining Services

Dining Locations

Dining Near Me (Click on Menu – upper right corner)

Emergency Contacts & Alert Me Now

Using Ramapo Self Service please update emergency contacts information and sign up for Alert Me Now using the instructed steps for Staff/Faculty.



Ramapo’s AFT website:

Membership Page:

Contact Info:  Jude Pernot –

CWA (Communications Workers of America)

CWA New Jersey  website:

Contact Info:  Virginia Bonnett –

(201) 684-7215
ASB 017

IFPTE (International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers)

IFPTE New Jersey website:

Contact Info:  John Thompson –



Benefits Telephone: (201) 684-7230 / (201) 684-7502
Employee Services and Records: (201) 684-7781