Assistant Professor of History
Year Joined RCNJ: 2018
- Phone: (201) 684-7474
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: B-204
- Office Hours: W 11:00-12:30 pm, 2:30-4:00 pm
- B.A., Trinity Western University,
- M.A.R., Yale Divinity School
- Ph.D. Yale University
- Native American History
- The American West
- American Religions
- Religion and Race in the American West
- History and Memory
- Gender and Material Culture
- Missionaries, Myths, and the Making of American History. (2018).
- “The Legend of Marcus Whitman and the Transformation of the American Historical Profession.” Church History 87, no. 1 (Spring, 2018): 99-121
- “Almighty God and the Almighty Dollar: Religion and Market Economies in the United States,” Religion Compass 10, no. 4 (April 2016): 83–97.
- “Maternalism and the Mayor: Dottie Do-Good’s War on Sin in Postwar Portland.” Journal of Women’s History. Vol. 26. No. 4. (Winter, 2014). 108–131.
Upcoming Conference Presentations:
- “ ‘The Benefactor of His Race’: Race and Religion in Western Pioneer Societies.” To be presented at the American Academy of Religion, Nov. 17–20, 2018. Denver, CO.
- The Conversion of Capital: Philanthropic Missions and Racial Progress at the Turn of the Twentieth Century. To be presented at the American Academy of Religion, Nov. 17–20, 2018. Denver, CO..
- “ ‘Irrigation… Is a Religious Rite’: Environmental History as Church History.” To be presented at the American Society of Church History/American Historical Association Annual Meeting. Jan. 3–6, 2019. Chicago, IL.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.