Financial Aid Appointments
If you or your family is experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic please email or call the Office of Financial Aid so we can discussion your situation and the possibility of a re-evaluation of your financial aid award.
The Office of Financial Aid is now scheduling appointments for students who need to conduct business in person. Appointments can be made through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our chat located on our website. In person appointments are available Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm. However, we are confident that most questions can be handled without in-person visits via a phone call, a webex meeting or email.
Please be aware at this time the Office of Financial Aid is no longer accepting documents in person or via fax. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send in requested documents via US Mail or use Mapping Xpress. Please see the instructions below.
Please visit https://www.ramapo.edu/health/coronavirus-covid-19/ for the most updated information on COVID-19.
How to Submit Financial Aid Verification Documents
Student Instructions to submit completed financial aid verification forms with MappingXpress
The Office of Financial Aid will no longer accept documents via email or fax. Students may submit documents via US mail, in person, or you can upload documents via MappingXpress https://mappingyourfuture.org/MappingXpress/RCNJ/
You will need the following information:
- First Name
- Middle Initial
- Last Name
- Last 4 of SSN
- Birth Date
- Student ID
- Visit https://mappingyourfuture.org/MappingXpress/RCNJ/
- Enter the passcode Ramapo#1, enter the CAPTCHA code displayed, and click “Submit”. Please note the passcode is case sensitive.
- Complete the form and click “Submit”.
- Confirm the information you entered is correct and click “Submit”.
- Select the total number of documents you would like to upload. You can select up to 12 documents for each upload. You will have the opportunity to add additional documents after your initial upload. We recommend the total size of the file(s) you upload be less than 25MB. Uploading files totaling more than 25MB may cause your session to time-out or cause the individual retrieving your file(s) experience a time-out issue.
- Select the type of document and choose the file.
- Click the “Upload” button.
- Select whether or not you have additional documents to upload.
- If yes, select yes and click “Submit”. Repeat steps 5-7.
- If no, select no and click “Submit”.
- Print out the confirmation page for your records or make a note of your confirmation number.
- Click the “Exit” button.
Click here to submit completed forms: https://mappingyourfuture.org/MappingXpress/RCNJ/
Accepting Your Loans
Please be aware, students must now Accept or Decline Federal Direct Loans through the Ramapo College Self-Service. Your loan will not appear on your bill until you do so. Please follow these instructions:
Log into Ramapo College Self-Service with your Ramapo Email username and password
- Select “Student Services & Financial Aid” and “Financial Aid”
- Select “My Award Information” and “Award by Aid Year”
- Choose Award Year 2021-2022
- Select “Accept Award Offer” tab
The Award Overview tab is a summary of your financial aid package. The Terms and Conditions tab provides you with important information about your awards. The “Accept Award Offer” tab is where you must choose to accept or decline your loans.
Other Important Information:
NJ Residents make sure that you complete the required additional state questions no later than September 15.
To provide this information online, you must create a login to HESAA’s NEW student information system, NJFAMS to do this:
- Go to https://njfams.hesaa.org. If you do not yet have a user name and password to NJFAMS, you will be able to create one.
- Click the “create a student login” link to create your user name and password to the NEW system.
- Once logged into NJFAMS you can view any outstanding tasks that require your attention to complete your record.