Professor of American Studies
Year Joined RCNJ: 1996
- Phone: 201-684-7802
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: B-212
- Office Hours: E-mail for Appointment
- B.A., Philosophy and English, Gonzaga University
- M.A., History, Yale University
- M.Phil., Ph.D., American Studies, Yale University
- Nineteenth-century American Society and Culture
- American Labor History
- Cultural History of Technology in America
- American culture from the early nineteenth century through the 1920’s
- “Technology and Culture,” in Joan Shelley Rubin and Scott E. Casper, editors, The Oxford Encyclopedia of American Cultural and Intellectual History (Oxford University Press, 2013)
- Michael Sappol and Stephen P. Rice, editors, A Cultural History of the Human Body in the Age of Empire, (Berg/Palgrave, 2010).
- “Picturing Bodies in the Nineteenth Century” Michael Sappol and Stephen P. Rice, editors, A Cultural History of the Human Body in the Age of Empire, (Berg/Palgrave, 2010).
- “Photography in Engraving on Wood,” Common-Place 7 (April 2007)
- Minding the Machine: Languages of Class in Early Industrial America (University of California Press, 2004)
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.