Associate Professor of History
Year Joined RCNJ: 2010
- Phone: (201) 684-7735
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: A-211
- Office Hours: E-mail for Appointment
- A.B. Duke University
- A.M. Brown University
- Ph.D. Brown University
- Introduction to U.S. History II
- America Since 1945
- U.S. Women’s and Gender History
- The 1960s: America in Transition
- Women and American Politics
- Gender, Race, and American Politics
- From Roosevelt to Reagan: The Rise and Fall of Modern Liberalism
- Post-1945 U.S. History
- U.S. Women’s History
- Post-1945 U.S. Political History
- The New Right
- Gender and the Family
- Kitchen-Table Politics: Conservative Women and Family Values in New York (University of Pennsylvania Press, Politics and Culture in Modern America Series, March 2017).
Goodbye to the Party of Rockefeller: A Case Study of How the GOP Abandoned Feminist Goals in the 1970s.” in The Silent Majority: A Transatlantic Perspective, ed. Anna von der Goltz and Britta Waldschmidt-Nelson (Cambridge University Press, 2017), p. 317-338.
- “Defending ‘Women Who Stand By the Sink’: Suburban Homemakers and Anti-ERA Activism in New York State,” in Making Suburbia: New Histories of Everyday America eds. John Archer, Paul J. P. Sandul, Katherine Solomonson (University of Minnesota Press, 2015), p.36-50.
- “Ellen McCormack for President: Politics and an Improbable Path to Passing Anti-Abortion Policy,” Journal of Policy History 24, No. 2, Spring 2012.
- “The Sheppard-Towner Maternity and Infancy Act and Its Reception in Rhode Island,” Rhode Island History 66, No. 1, Winter/Spring 2008.
- “Defending ‘Family Values’: Women’s Grassroots Politics and the Republican Right, 1970-1980” (Brown University, 2010).
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.