The Bachelor of Science (BS) is a 4-year, 128-credit program, requiring students to complete all RCNJ General Education requirements along with required 48 credits in Data Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science. As part of their degree requirements, Data Science majors are also required to complete a minor or 2nd major to gain domain knowledge in a particular field, to better contextualize their data studies.
2020 Data Science Four Year Plan
Data Science – Required (16 credits)
Mathematics – Required (12 credits)
- MATH 121 – Calculus 1 (credits count towards College’s General Education requirement, not major)
- MATH 237 – Discrete Structures
MATH 205 – Mathematical Structures
- MATH 262 – Linear Algebra
- MATH 370 – Applied Statistics
Computer Science – Required (16 credits)
- CMPS 130 – Scientific Problem Solving with Python
- CMPS 240 – Data Analytics in Python
- CMPS 364 – Database Design
- CMPS 320 – Machine Learning
Electives (Pick One – 4 credits)
- CMPS 310 – Big Data Programming
- CMPS 369 – Web Application Development
- MATH 390 – Mathematical Modeling
Domain Knowledge – Required (16-20 credits)
Students must complete a Minor. Students may choose any available RCNJ Minor to complete this requirement.
This requirement is waived for students taking a 2nd major.
See all of Ramapo College’s Minors or Majors
Convener of Data Science