Associate Professor of Post Production
Year Joined RCNJ: 2001
- B.F.A. and M.F.A., City University of New York
- Fundamental of Digital Filmmaking
- Digital Post Production
- Media Literacy
- American Independent Cinema
- Cinema of the Other: Latin America, Africa and Middle East
- Beyond the Editing Room: History of Film Editing
- Advanced Project
Awards and Special Recognition:
- Exploring forms of audio/video compression for iPods and Hand-held devises. TLTR Grant Awards, Summer 2006
- The Fabric of My Life an experimental documentary on immigration, identity and displacement issues. Separately Budget Research Award, Summer 2004 and Summer 2005
Recent Scholarly and Professional Accomplishments:
- A Promise to La Difunta, 30 min. Documentary on Argentinean popular saint La Difunta Correa and its social and political role in that society. (Co-Producer, Director and Editor, 2006)
- Latino Poets Speak Out, 10 min. Video Poems/ Performance Pieces. (Co-Producer, Co-Director and Editor, 2005)
- Panelist, “99th Annual Eastern Communication Association Convention,” “Making a Difference,” Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 1-4, 2008
- Presenter, “Symposium on Visual Narrative.” OPTIKA 2, University of Puerto Rico, MayagÃ¼ez, Puerto Rico, February 8 and 9, 2007.
- Panelist, “A Multidisciplinary Approach to Students Imagination: Getting Students to Think Critically and to Act in the Public Sphere II” on panel, ” The Politics of Representation in Film.” February 5, 2005. “Imagination and The Public Sphere Conflicts, Confluences, and Creativity.” The Annual Conference of the Southern Humanities Council, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Richmond, Virginia, February 2 to 6, 2005.
- Panelist and Video Presentation. “Encounter Among Cultures: A Celebration of International Visual and Performing Arts” York College, The City University of New York, New York City, May 6, 2004.
- Chair, “The Crisis of Academic Labor: Roots, Ramifications, and Responses,” March 5, 2004, Annual Conference Society for Cinema and Media Studies, Atlanta, Georgia, March 4-6, 2004.
- Lecture/ Workshop Facilitator. “The ABC’s of Video Production, Part I and II,” February 29, 2004, NYC Grassroots Media Conference, New School University, New York City, February 28-29, 2004.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.