Associate Professor of Journalism
Year Joined RCNJ: 2004
- M.F.A. Fiction Writing, Sarah Lawrence College
- B.A. (double) Writing for Telecommunications and Spanish Language, Literature, Culture, Syracuse University
- Writing for Publication
- Creative Non-fiction
- Creative Writing
- Senior Project: Writing
- Writing for Social Media
Recent Scholarly and Professional Accomplishments:
- Presenter, “Facilitating communication activism pedagogy through the Black Lives Matter Colloquium” as part of “Activism, social justice and intersectionality: Critical pedagogical practices in the communication classroom” webinar (due to COVID-19), National Communication Association, AS&J, Spring 2021
- Presenter/Moderator, “Black Activism at Ramapo,” Black Lives Matter at Ramapo: A College Colloquium on Race, Social Justice, and Representation, RCNJ, Fall 2020
- Presenter, “Where Have All the Fathers Gone?: Perceptions and Misconceptions of Black Fatherhood,” State of the Africana Professoriate Conference, March 2007.
- Presenter, “Empowering Students to Learn: Experiential and Reflective Approaches,” Teaching Professor Conference, May 2007.
- Presenter, “No Place to be Somebody: The Literary Mirror of James Baldwin,” National Association of African American Studies Conference, February 2008.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.