Professor of Theater History and Criticism
Year Joined RCNJ: 2007
- A.B. University of Michigan
- M.F.A. Columbia University School of the Arts
- Ph.D. Columbia University
- History of Theater to 1900
- Development of Modern Theater
- Contemporary Theater and Theory
- Film, Theater and Culture in Modern Japan
- Basic Playwriting
- Black Experience Through Theater
- American Experimental Theater Since 1950
Recent Scholarly and Professional Accomplishments:
- Mediacracy. By Peter A. Campbell. Dir. Peter A. Campbell. Theatre 54: New York, NY, and online at Now This News (with over 350,000 views). January 2017.
- Can’t Get There From Here. Performance Installation by Peter A. Campbell. Transformance Festival: Minneapolis, MN. November 2016/ Sharp Theater, Ramapo College. Mahwah, NJ. May 2016.
- Campbell, Peter A. “My Naïve American Postdramatic.” Contemporary Theatre Review. 25:3, 446-450. 2015. Refereed.
- The Killer. By Eugene Ionesco. Translated by Michael Feingold. Dir. Peter A. Campbell. Kennesaw State University. Onyx Theater. Kennesaw, GA. September 2015.
- this land is your land this land is my land: A Public Reading of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s Executive Summary of the Committee Study of the Central intelligence Agency’s Detention and Interrogation Program. Dir. Peter A. Campbell. Ramapo College Arch. Mahwah, NJ. January 2015.
- Campbell, Peter A. “Remaking the Chorus: Charles L. Mee’s Orestes 2.0.” Comparative Drama 45.2. Summer 2011. 65-79. Refereed.
- Campbell, Peter A. “Teaching Japanese Noh Drama Through Visualizing Space.” Theatre Topics 21:1. March 2011. 1-10. Refereed.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.