To-Do #1: Request Exam Accommodations
- Log into OSSOnline to review your courses and select your accommodations for the semester.
- It’s a good idea to be in touch with your OSS Counselor, and definitely contact them if you have any questions!
- After you select the accommodations you choose in OSSOnline, your OSS Counselor is notified to review and approve your accommodations. It’s best to request your accommodations the week prior to the start of classes. Your Counselor will e-mail you and your Instructors copies of your Accommodation Notice (FYI: after the initial notice is sent, you can log into OSSOnline and print out extra copies of the Accommodation Notice yourself!)
To-Do #2: Connect with your Instructor to Review Accommodations
- Connect with your instructors to discuss your accommodation plans and how will proctoring be handled if you are planning on using testing accommodations.
- If the instructor will be proctoring your exams, you are set.
- If you need OSS to proctor your exam, you will need to submit Exam Requests (also known as setting testing appointments).
To-Do #3: Submit Exam Requests
- Check your syllabi early, so you can submit Exam Requests in a timely manner.
- During the fall semester, requests must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance (excluding weekends and holidays) for a scheduled exam and 10 business days in advance of final exams.
To-Do #4: Two to Three Days Before Your Exam
- Check your e-mail or touch base with your Instructor to make sure your exam accommodations are all set up.
- Make sure you have the materials you need to bring to the exam.
- Lastly, get a good night’s sleep!
To-Do #5: Day of Exam
- Be on time! Depending on the setup of the exam, your proctor may not be able to proctor longer than your scheduled, accommodated, extended time.
- Bring all approved exam tools and materials.