Skip to Orientation Programs site navigationSkip to main content


When do I meet with my academic advisor?

First Year Students: You will meet with an academic advisor from the Center for Student Success during the first half of your in person orientation event this summer.

Transfer Students: New transfer students will be instructed to sign up for a one on one academic advising appointment with an advisor in the Center for Student Success. Please follow the steps in your Admissions portal for specific information that applies to you.

How can I get involved on campus?

A great way to get involved is to join one of the more than 100 clubs or organizations.  They include cultural, academic, religious, recreational, entertainment, political, social and special interest groups on campus. Start exploring now by visiting or downloading the Archway App in Apple Store or Google Play!

Who is my advisor?

First year students and any undeclared transfer students will be assigned to an advisor in the Center for Student Success.  Transfer students with a declared major will be assigned a faculty advisor by your school office early in your first semester on campus. You will need to meet with him/her before registering for your next semester courses.

How can I purchase books for my classes?

You have the option to either buy or rent textbooks. Some of the books are also available as eBooks for certain classes. The Ramapo Bookstore is owned by eFollett. Visit their website and enter in your R# or course ID numbers to determine what books you will need. You can order your books using “Buy Books Now” after you register online. Click here for a coupon for one apparel, gift or supply item from the bookstore!

Where can I find out what books I will need for my classes?

Students can access their required textbook listing by logging into web self-service.  Students must then click on “Student Services and Financial Aid”, select Registration, and then select “Buy Books Now from”.  This will automatically generate a list of the required textbooks based on your current course registration status. Students may choose to rent or buy books new or used and may pick them up at the bookstore or have them shipped directly to their home address.

Are there any requirements/recommendations for student laptops?

Review the ITS information found at:

How many credits can I take during the semester?

To be considered a full time student, you must take at least 12 credits. Tuition and tuition related fees are calculated on a flat rate between 12 and 18 credits.  Ramapo courses are four credits and most students take 4 courses a semester, so students average 16 credits a semester.  Taking 16 credits a semester, for eight semesters, will allow students to achieve the 128-credit requirement for graduation.

How do I purchase a parking permit?

All students planning to park on campus are required to display a current and valid parking permit on their vehicle. Parking permits can be ordered through  Residential students must have their housing assignment before ordering. Commuter students receive a rearview mirror hangtag to allow the registration of two vehicles on one permit, at no additional fee.  Each vehicle must be registered in the student’s permit store account.  Parking permit fees are charged to your student account with other tuition and fees. Click here for more information. Contact:, (201) 684-7432.

What is Alert Me Now?

Alert Me Now is the system used to contact students in case of campus emergencies. This is done through text message, voice message, and email alerts. It is MANDATORY that you opt in or out of the Alert Me Now program. Log into web self service and click the Alert Me Now link to sign up where you can add up to three phone numbers.  Alert Me Now contact information will be completed during your virtual new student module.  Please note that it must be submitted prior to course registration.

How can I access my bill?

Bills will be generated and posted to your student account through Web Self Service in mid-July. Bills will not be mailed home.

When is the deadline for paying my bill?

All payment deadline information for each semester can be found on the Student Accounts website.

What is AlcoholEdu?

AlcoholEdu is an interactive Web-based educational program designed to provide basic facts about alcohol use. You must complete Part 1 and Part 2 of AlcoholEdu within the designated timeframe in order to be cleared to register for your spring semester courses.

What is Roadrunner Central?

Roadrunner Central is a full service activities/events “store.” Students may purchase Shortline bus tickets, postage stamps, rent or purchase videos and DVDs, purchase AMC discount movie vouchers, and obtain discount coupons for Broadway theater productions and other events. Students may also sign up for Student Activities sponsored events.

What is J. Lee’s?

J.Lee’s is a student activities lounge on the second floor of the Scott Student Center Annex. It is equipped with wide screen televisions, audio video equipment and comfortable furniture. Services include a variety of magazines, free popcorn and bottled water, board games, pool, ping-pong, and air hockey. Clubs and organizations are encouraged to sponsor events in J.Lee’s.

What is the Roadrunner Advantage Program?

This program allows students to go to different eateries and businesses off-campus and use their student id to receive discounts on food and items. The list of businesses can be found on Ramapo’s website.

What is the Arching Ceremony?

The Arching Ceremony occurs right after move-in and commuter check-in.  All new students and their families attend New Student Assembly in the Bradley Center and then process under the Arch to signify the beginning of their journey as Ramapo College students.  This tradition comes full circle when students process the opposite way under the Arch as part of the Senior Arching Ceremony on the eve of Commencement.  A full schedule of Welcome Week events can be found at