Students who have been away from Ramapo for at least 24 consecutive months must re-apply through the Office of Adult and Graduate Admissions. At that time, a student may also apply for a Fresh Start.
- The Office of Adult and Graduate Admissions will process and approve Fresh Start approval forms once the Dean of the School that the student intends to enroll in has signed the application in approval of readmission.
- Students who have been dismissed from RCNJ for academic reasons are not eligible for either re-admission or Fresh Start.
- Students who have been dismissed from RCNJ for judicial or other non-academic reasons are not eligible for either re-admission or Fresh Start.
- Fresh Start is neither automatic nor guaranteed.
II. If re-admission under Fresh Start is granted, students begin with a cumulative G.P.A. of 0.00 after which all the rules of academic standing for the College will apply. Similar to transfer credits, any credits earned prior to re-enrollment under Fresh Start will count towards RCNJ pre-requisites and graduation requirements. Specifically, students’ previous RCNJ grades would be adjusted as follows:
- Grades of P and C or better would reflect credit only, not quality points.
- Grades of F will be eliminated from GPA calculations.
- Grades from all coursework will remain on the transcript.
III. Students who apply for Fresh Start must complete at least 48 additional credits at Ramapo to fulfill degree requirements.
- Fresh Start is applied immediately upon re-admission, and is applied to all course work
earned prior to the semester of re-admission.
- Students can only apply for one Fresh Start opportunity during the course of completion of the first baccalaureate degree.
- Invocation of Fresh Start does not preclude students from using other available course-specific grade replacement options for work taken subsequent to re-enrollment.
VII. Forgiveness is only available for credits earned at RCNJ.
VIII. Students re-admitted under Fresh Start are responsible for obtaining information about and
understanding their individual financial aid eligibility.
IX. Once invoked, Fresh Start is a non-reversible process.