Would you like to try yoga in your classroom? Have you tried it and would like to learn more? This workshop will address methods and benefits of using mindful yoga in the classroom in support of emotional and cognitive development. Methods will cover K-12 hands-on approaches for teachers. Discover the research that supports the academic and emotional benefits of Yoga in the classroom.
This workshop is appropriate for K-12 classroom teachers, administrators, special educators, school counselors, school social workers, occupational therapists, SLPs, physical therapists, physical education teachers, health educators, and paraprofessionals.
- Understand the neuroscience of stress, and its effects learning and behavior
- Understand the neurology of yoga and mindfulness and its benefits
- Learn about recent studies to use as evidence in promoting yoga in the
- Leave with simple yoga and mindfulness techniques to support self -regulation, developing compassion, and cognitive development at the
various grade levels
- Facilitate learning readiness which improves student achievement
- Improve the climate of your classroom
- Develop techniques to be present for your students
Cost and Registration
Cost: $149 / $99 for TMI Consortium Members *Please note, we are unable to give refunds if you are unable to attend for any reason.
Continuing Education Credits
Registered yoga teachers are eligible for Continuing Education Hours through Yoga Alliance when the workshop is presented by an E-RYT (check the Trainer bio for confirmation of this designation).
Contact hours for Yoga Alliance specialty designation of Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) when completing Ramapo’s 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Certification.
Educators will receive 5 CEU for their participation.