The Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) supports the overall mission and goals of Ramapo College by developing, implementing, and administering comprehensive environmental health and safety services, policies, and procedures throughout the college community. Through these efforts, EHS supports Ramapo College’s mission of academic excellence and community engagement.
Our Vision identifies how we intend to meet that mission
- EHS seeks to develop and implement sound and effective policies and procedures that protect public health, prevent personal injury and maintain regulatory compliance in the areas of chemical, biological, fire safety, occupational health and safety and environmental stewardship.
- Environment health and safety programs will be integrated into College activities while maintaining efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- EHS will provide resources, guidance and training to the College community in matters related to environmental health and safety.
- Be approachable and responsive, professional and courteous.
- Provide high quality services in a timely manner.
- Be honest, fair, ethical, consistent, and reliable.
- Act as ambassadors of safety, health and environmental responsibility.
- Practice good stewardship of Ramapo College fiscal and environmental resources.
- Find creative ways to solve problems.
- Learn from our campus community and beyond; adapt innovative ideas to meet the needs of the College.
- Treat everyone in the College community equitably with dignity, courtesy and respect.
- Make training, consultations and services accessible and understandable.
- Strive to understand the work and study cultures within our campus community and their differing needs.
- Focus on partnering rather than policing health, safety and compliance.
- Foster robust relationships with our stakeholders and customers.
- Strive to be recognized as leaders within the institution and our field.
- Continuously support and encourage professional development of EHS staff to expand technical expertise and knowledge.