The Office of the Fire Marshal is dedicated to providing the students, faculty, staff, administration, and guests of Ramapo College of New Jersey with a sustainable educational environment free from recognized fire, life safety, and health hazards.
To build a sustainable fire safety culture. As an integral part of the region’s premier public liberal arts college, the Office of the Fire Marshal is committed to supporting the current and future needs of the College through engagement and involvement with all aspects of the College’s day-to-day operations, special events, and long-term strategic planning.
The Ramapo College Office of the Fire Marshal safeguards the campus community with professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Professionalism: “Excellence is my responsibility.” Be innovative in protecting our people and the environment.
- Integrity: Be honest and accountable, committed to high standards and compliance with all laws and policies.
- Respect: Care for People. Promote safe practices, support our community, and promote engagement.
Our strategy begins with the value of human life above all else and managing all hazards and risks accordingly. To that end,
- We ensure the overall safety of the campus community through detailed inspections of all facilities.
- We are a learning organization that promotes fire prevention and life safety awareness by actively engaging all College departments and offering training, educational programs, and informational resources.
- We focus on the safety and coordination of responding firefighters and emergency services personnel through active communication and timely notification of all potential hazards.
- We establish measurable objectives to track our progress and to facilitate transparent reporting and assessment of incidents.
- We incorporate stakeholder impacts, social responsibility, and environmental protection into our decision-making processes.
- We provide expert guidance and accurate and timely information on fire and life safety concerns.
- We ensure the safe working condition of all fire protection systems through monitoring equipment installation, inspection, testing and maintenance.
- We comply with all laws and set higher standards for ourselves through continually improving systems and processes.
- We increase campus awareness of all laws, regulations, and literature affecting the enforcement of the Uniform Fire Code of New Jersey, other applicable standards, and fire prevention best practices.
Policies & Procedures
Student Conduct Violations
Forms & Applications
HEOA (Higher Education Opportunity Act) Reporting Requirement
Annual Fire Safety Report – 2018